• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Jordpederson

briaded line

I put new fireline tracer braid on one of bait casters around a week a go and when ever i get minor backlashes the line just about always breaks. I'm wondering if any one else has this problem.

where does it break? at the lure or at the point of backlash?

hmm. thats odd. ive had my knots come undone when it backlashes and stops dead. i started supergluing them to prevent it. what pound test and what type of lures you throwin?

same thing happened to me with fireline.. its really annoying.. sometimes even casting would make it break.. nothing you can do other than use that line as backing and get new stuff..

That is definatly odd that the line is breaking 7-10 ft up the line. confused

Iv'e been running the 10/3 fireline on a baitcaster with no issues...

i second power pro, might seem spendy initially but it is durable,can be used twice (spool it off and reel it up backwards to use unused line) and has awesome sensitivity

had the same problem last year. was a sharp spot on the eyelet. it was nicking the line. lost several lures before i found it.

Odd.... that shouldn't be happening. Not with any pound test. There must be something fraying the line. Have you had backlash and nicked the line while digging it out? When putting it away do you put the hook on an eye and it's nicking the line? Is there a sharp edge on a rod eye? Just taking some shots in the dark here…

I'll second power pro.

i have checked the eyes for sharp points and even used the reel on different rods and it still happens. Think i will try the power pro and Thanks for all the tips and suggestions.