• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New world record/state record brown?

Anyone over that way hear of a new pending state/world record brown trout caught out of Racine this past weekend during their trout and salmon tourney? I heard through the grapevine it was 4 lbs bigger then the current state record and 1 oz more then the current world record fish. If anyone can confirm this and or post pics it would be appreciated! I heard it weighed in at 41 lbs 8 ozs which would best the WR by an once and that they were working on getting the scales recertified. Sounds like the story and pics will be in the Wi.ODN in 2 weeks as reported by Kevin Naze a staff writer.

Tunrevir~

It was on TV too. There were some more pics and info on another forum I read for Lake Michigan reports. The Green Bay Gazette has an article and photo. The Salmon-A-Rama tournament HSOforum has a bunch of photos as well, since it was caught as part of the tournament.

There was also a big pic on the Pioneer press this past Sunday on the back of the sports section. That thing was unreal and just a behemoth! Cheetah, you and Sutty heading back out? I'll be in Algoma this weekend. Sounds like the bite has been tough but with a couple days of south winds maybe things will pick up.

Tunrevir~

Roger Hellen and his fishing partner Joe Miller netted the 41-pound, 8-ouncer on July 16 at the annual Salmon-A-Rama fishing contest on Lake Michigan in Racine.

Hellen is still hoping for further certification from the International Game Fish Association in Florida. He edged out the previous record set last Sept. 9 by Tom Healy, who caught a 41-pound, 7-ouncer in the Manistee River in Michigan.

That's a true pig right there. I've got a few that were low 30's but can't imagine what that one felt like. Speaking of that, I'll be getting some smoked fish from buddy that fishes that tournie. Always look fwd to that.