• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Pretty, Pretty, Pretty Please Gardy....

Coach1310

Example being?

well he's mainly ridiculously patient with his little buddy but also his bigger buddy. you know, the two guys who get together on the bus and tell gardy who to play where and gardy goes right along with it.

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for clearing that up for us!

I don't think there's any question as to which players for whatever reason get the long leashes from gardy and who gets shorter leashes for whatever reason.

Finally Gardy has changed his lineup and moved Young to cleanup and Cuddy down to 7. Hopefully this will put less pressure on Cuddy to produce and I hope Young doesn't choke moving up. I think Gardy fianlly realized he could no longer ignore what Delmon has done up to now and how Cuddy hasn't produced up to now. Took him long enough to figure this out. If this is Delmon's break out season that the team always knew he had I believe they will sign him to a long term deal; that's if he's in the last year of his contract. Package Cuddy with others and get some pitching, if not by trade deadline then in the off season.

looks like mauer likes delmon batting after him too. he's probably going to see a some better pitches to hit if delmon continues in this spot and hitting like he has been.

Congrats to valencia too on his first dinger and grand slam all in one. please gardy, keep this young man playing regularly. I don't expect him to continue to hit in the high .300's as he accumulates more at bats but he's solid on defense and hitting very well right now.

MN TWIN's win 19-1....Young 1 rbi from the #4 spot?????? nice move.

About time Mauer got one of his HOT games.....been expecting that for a while.....expect to see more of them , as he gets healthy/rested up more.

Valentia is hitting well....not sold on his fielding yet, but looks like he is working at it hard.

MN TWIN's win 19-1....Young 1 rbi from the #4 spot?????? nice move.

Delmon goes 4 for 6, scores twice and leaves one RISP with two out. Mauer had 7 RBI's right in front of Delmon. Ya spose that had something to do with it. Sheesh... what a hater.

Delmon goes 4 for 6, scores twice and leaves one RISP with two out. Mauer had 7 RBI's right in front of Delmon. Ya spose that had something to do with it. Sheesh... what a hater.

That's gonna leave a mark

NOT a HATER....Just subtly pointing out there is more to it than SPOT in the order. I kept seeing in here that following Mauer, Morneau was the best place for rbi's.....NOT ALWAYS SO.....M&M drive in runs too, that means they are competing for some of the same rbi's. If you want Young to have MONSTER rbi #ers, I still think #6 is the best spot for him. That is when Morneau is healthy.

Delmon should be batting #4 with Morny out. He's peppering the outfield in most games he plays.

Hard to single out one guy when everyone was contributing as they did last night. Talk abot a close game...

Delmon should be batting #4 with Morny out. He's peppering the outfield in most games he plays.

Hard to single out one guy when everyone was contributing as they did last night. Talk abot a close game...

I got a little nervous in the 9th, I thought they were going to blow the lead!

Don't you think with 75 RBI's that he's doing fine right where he is? You think he'd have more batting anywhere else in the lineup? I doubt it. Nothing wrong with a bit of a threat towards the bottom of the order.

Don't you think with 75 RBI's that he's doing fine right where he is? You think he'd have more batting anywhere else in the lineup? I doubt it. Nothing wrong with a bit of a threat towards the bottom of the order.

Maybe he would have90 if he was toward the front?

Good observations Donbo. That has been what I've been saying on here for awhile, Delmon's "agents" on here think different....the ONLY way to really KNOW would be to keep stats on him for # in lineup, who he follows, who he drives in etc. Anyone ,without an agenda, ready to do that?

ya, the team really responded negatively to that move in the line up didn't they. just think if delmon would have left 8 (8!!!) guys on base like someone else did on Sunday. let's give cuddy the opportunity to beef up his rbi totals batting as the 2nd cleanup batter in the bottom 1/3 of the line up for a while.

nothing wrong with valencia's defense either. he's looking by far like our best 3b option for the remainder of the year.

Not when we've witnessed some of the brutalness of Cuddy and Kubel in the 5 slot.

You give up a guy like Garza for the potential of Delmon and then when he starts to show a reward for the faith you leave him in 7 or move him down to 8? Put him after guys that are batting.250 instead of .300+? I don't see the logic.

Lucky Gardenhire had or kept faith in Delmon to begin with because Delmon has proven absolutely nothing other then a bunch of negatives until this season. Thank goodness Gardy and MLB people in general don't make panic knee-jerk reactions to disgruntled fans or Young would have been gone long ago.

I think Gardy will continue to have Young bat 4 or 5 so maybe you guys can stop whining for a bit.

Go Gardy you rock beyond belief in the Magic you produce for this team!

They sure have been fun to watch lately. KNOCK ON WOOD, but doesn't it seem when ever we blow someone out like that we crumble the next day?

I am starting to enjoy this- but it has been against the 33 games back Orioles and the Royals. Lets not start jumpin up n down yet.

Maybe he would have90 if he was toward the front?

Or maybe he would have 56 like Justin Morneau. Do you really think that Young would have hit in any more runs than Morneau did in that spot as hot as he was before he was injured? With Morneau's average and HR total pre-injury if he could not hit in more runs I doubt anyone else can.

Lucky Gardenhire had or kept faith in Delmon to begin with because Delmon has proven absolutely nothing other then a bunch of negatives until this season. Thank goodness Gardy and MLB people in general don't make panic knee-jerk reactions to disgruntled fans or Young would have been gone long ago.

Yep, he's going to give upon the key part of the trade giving up Garza. LOL

I think Gardy will continue to have Young bat 4 or 5 so maybe you guys can stop whining for a bit.

Go Gardy you rock beyond belief in the Magic you produce for this team!

HA HA

You guys speak of Delmon like hes some greybeard veteran

The guy is 24 years old!

Good observations Donbo. That has been what I've been saying on here for awhile, Delmon's "agents" on here think different....the ONLY way to really KNOW would be to keep stats on him for # in lineup, who he follows, who he drives in etc. Anyone ,without an agenda, ready to do that?

or you could just go on the net and look up situational stats involving at bats with risp. prior to today's game, delmon with runners in scoring position leads the other right handed batter who until yesterday was always batting ahead of delmon in the lineup in pretty much every category other than strikeouts.

hits he has 12 more hits(in 13 fewer at bats). leads by a few in doubles and homers. has a 23 rbi lead. batting avg is .159 higher. slugging % is .216 higher. ops % is .294 higher.

these are not small numbers especially once you get into avg., slugging % and ops %. I don't think there is a one of us on this site who doesn't cheer when anybody on the team does well. Bottom line is these numbers don't lie so it's pretty difficult to argue that delmon has been batting in the lineup in the prime rbi spot. think about the rbi leaders on other teams and where they typically bat.

anyhow, I'm thankful gardy has finally put him higher up in the lineup where he will get more at bats, at least while he's lighting it up like he has for several weeks now. It would be interesting to hear his reasoning but doubt that would ever be known.