• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2010 Deer Lottery

Well, it looks like I will be hunting flattops if I can pull a tag in that lottery.

If not, not much hunting to be done in ND this year.

Our group so far is 0 for 3. Looks like some buck management on the ranch this season.

We did not recieve one tag for our group of 4. Hopefully we will do better with the flattop tags.

Seems we will be shooting very few.

With the amount of deer we have in the area, I hope we do not have a hard winter as many will die.

Here's the word from the GNF on what's left:

Deer Lottery Held, Antlerless Licenses Remain

North Dakota’s deer gun lottery has been held and individual results are available online at the state Game and Fish Department’s HSOforum, gf.nd.gov. Successful applicants will receive their license in the mail in mid-July.

The first lottery application process – deer gun, muzzleloader, youth and landowner – had more than 92,000 applicants. Nearly 70 percent of the applications were submitted online.

Approximately 31,000 antlerless deer gun licenses remain. Unsuccessful resident applicants in the first drawing will be mailed a second lottery application. Resident and nonresident hunters who have not yet applied, or who want additional licenses, must submit a third lottery application. The deadline for submitting applications is July 28. The second lottery will take place immediately prior to the third.

The third lottery application will be available July 7 online at the Game and Fish HSOforum. Paper applications for download and from license vendors will be available mid-July.

Additional concurrent season doe licenses can be used during the archery season with a bow; the deer gun season with a bow, rifle, or muzzleloader; or during the muzzleloader season with a muzzleloader. These licenses must be used for antlerless deer only, and hunters must stay in the unit to which the license is assigned.

In addition, youth deer license hunters ages 14 and 15 may purchase additional concurrent season doe licenses to use during the youth season.

2010availablelicenses.jpg

marine_man

Rob, where did you pull that info from? I checked their HSOforum and its states that the doe lottery numbers are not available yet.

I wonder why there are no tags for 2G1. They have not even had a doe lottery yet.

The deer herd in our area that we hunt has plenty of does. Some farmers believe that there are way too many.

Yes, I looked elsewhere and found them.

I called the Game & Fish as I could not believe there were no doe tags for the doe lottery.

She said that is correct as the deer herd there is down so bad.

Last fall we saw many deer and this spring the rancher that owns the place and the area farmers have said they have seen alot of deer.

Oh, well, after 20 years of hunting ND, I guess I will be hunting elsewhere.

I hope this next winter is not too bad as there will be many dead deer if it is.