• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Free agency

Scott K

So what does everyone expect the Wolves to do in free agency? Will they go after any star players? I really think they will sign a young, big name player. I think this for a few reasons, they need a good player to build around, they want to get rid of Big Al, and the Wolves need to draw in people now. Free agency is deep this year!

If they get their star here now, he can learn the system, and help teach the many talented rookies on our team. Big Al is good, he is just slow, and doesnt fit our system, so I see him out of here. It all just makes to much sense not to happen. That and I need something to pump me up to get back into the Wolves. I dont think I watched more then a handfull of games last year.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are just so many guys out there this year and so many teams with a lot of money to spend, it's hard to even start to try and guess what the T-Wolves will do. I read that Nowitzki and Pierce are opting out of the final years of their contracts to become free agents also. Just adding to the HUGE list of free agents. I guess all that matters is who Kahn and coach think fits into their scheme. I also would LOVE to have them sign someone to get me excited about Wolves basketball again.

I wouldn't expect any signings. No self respecting big name player is gonna want to come to a perennial loser like the Wolves. The only way we make a big splash is if we swing a sign and trade deal. Otherwise, the closest thing to a big name we get would be signing(massively overpaying) Rudy Gay.

Nothing shaking so far. Rudy Gay is expected to come out to the Target Center and tour that and Target Field. Also David Lee is expected to also visit on Saturday. Guess I wouldn't mind seeing either of those two on the wolves....But what is with all these forwards????

Quote:
The Timberwolves have reportedly agreed to a four-year, $20 million deal with Darko Milicic.

We knew this was coming, but we just didn't know if Darko would buy in. The fact that David Kahn basically is saying he wants Darko more than he wants Al Jefferson is quite interesting, and it appears that Jefferson, who is now requesting a trade, will play elsewhere next season. This also means Kevin Love is going to have to fight Darko and Nikola Pekovic for playing time, as well.

Quote:
The Timberwolves have reportedly agreed to a three-year deal worth $13 million with 2008 second-round pick, big man Nikola Pekovic.

First of all, we told you this was coming over the last few days. Secondly, yes...this is what you stayed up late for.

I believe both Darko and Pekovic are both more centers than PF's. They can play either, but I would think they would be utilized more in that role.

You gotta move Al now.... otherwise we have WAY too much $$$ tied up in big men. I'm not against Darko or Pekovic, but we did spend a fair amount of $$ in our cap. I thought I read we had like 14 million in space, so with Darko and Pekovic, we now have around 5 million left. We get rid of Al, great, but we have to take $$$ back so I'm not sure we have a ton of flexibility left for anyone else like Lee, Gay, etc...

If the Clippers can have a meeting with LeBron, why can't the Wolves?

Size of the market and the endorsement opportunities that go along with it. wink Otherwise, who would even consider going there??!!

That's true, but he'd have to be crazy to play there (or here) as far as trying to win rings. He'll finish his career with more money than he and 5 generations will know what to do with without a single endorsement...might as well play for rings/history.

That's true, but he'd have to be crazy to play there (or here) as far as trying to win rings. He'll finish his career with more money than he and 5 generations will know what to do with without a single endorsement...might as well play for rings/history.

I agree. He's not "great" in my mind until he wins something.

The T-Wolves have very little chance of luring any superstars here. Even if they do, and it will probably be a second or third tier guy, they will have to overpay them to come here.

Quote:
MIAMI (CBS) ―

ESPN is reporting both Dwayne Wade and Toronto Raptors' Chris Bosh will sign with the Miami Heat.

Getty Images

Related Stories

WFOR-TV Local Coverage

The Miami Heat's waiting game to get a superstar free agent to help Dwyane Wade may be about to pay off. ESPN is reporting that both Wade and former Raptors power forward Chris Bosh will both sign with the Heat.

An official announcement is expected as early Wednesday.

The pairing of both Wade and Bosh on the Heat will put the ball squarely in the court of LeBron James. He's been courted by several teams and has said he wants to play with Bosh this coming season. However, Bosh made it clear he wouldn't play in Cleveland.

The Heat's roster currently has only two players under contract: power forward Michael Beasley, and point guard Mario Chalmers.

However, both players may not be on the roster, depending on what Bosh plans to do. If Bosh signs with the Heat outright, the maximum his salary could be $96 million over five years. If Bosh does a sign-and-trade between the Heat and Raptors, both Chalmers and Beasley would be moved more than likely.

The sign-and-trade would allow Bosh to sign a maximum contract for six years and $125 million.

As for LeBron, he's decided to fully exploit himself and his free agency. It was announced on Tuesday that he will make his official announcement on ESPN Thursday night about where he will play next season.

The show is to be sponsored and money will go to the Boys & Girls Club. However, it's all about LeBron and maximizing the LeBron brand by having ESPN devote primetime to him and only him.

With Wade and Bosh on the team, the Heat still have a lot of work to do to fill out the roster. They will likely target point guard and center with their remaining cap space of roughly $15 million or more depending on whether Michael Beasley is moved.

i cant wait for tomorrow and have all this be over with i like how people were all waiting till last thursday at 1201 like he was really going to sign then

I've been awake watching ESPNNEWS 24-7 since then. Pizza's delivered for food, no showers, no phone calls. I must be the first to know where LaBron will go. My life will not be complete until I know where he will go.

ESPN has reported he will sign with the Heat, the Knicks, the Cavaliers, the Bulls AND the Nets. I guess he could just sign with everyone and play a few games for each team every year. I think LeBron has taken a page from Brett Favre. Make em wait and let the dollars roll in.