• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Shop Recommendations in Fargo-Moorhead

Jig4All

Good morning,

I am looking for a shop recommendation for my brother in the FM area. I just got him a BlackIce and he is going to need help from a good bow technician to install the rest, peep, and tune the bow. I'm not sure who the best shops are in that area so I thought I would reach out here for some input. Thanks again.

Good morning. He could try checking out The Outdoorsman in Fargo. Tom will get him fixed up. Otherwise the Fargo Scheels has a big archery shop as well. Maybe Scoot will chime in here as well. I know he's from that area and has been having some tuning issues as of late.

There are only two reasonable options, IMO: 1) Scheels- talk to Al. 2) The Outdoorsman- talk to Tom or Mitch (although I'm told Tom has some health concerns right now and won't be in the shop for a while). If it were me, I'd go to Mitch at the Outdoorsman-- he knows his stuff and will make sure you are taken care of. Regardless of which place you go to, I'd call the store and ask if the specific people I mentioned above will be in at the time you'll be there. If they're not going to be there, don't go there then. When you get there, ask for those specific people- not just the guy who you end up talking to.

I know all places will tell you that everyone is adequately trained blah blah blah, but I have a problem with having the guy who was selling women's shoes the day before working on my bow. The guys I mentioned above absolutely know what they are doing and will do a good job. Like I said, I trust Mitch with my bow more anyone.

BTW, Mitch is a buddy of mine, so I'm a bit biased, but the suggestion to see him is really a good one- he knows his stuff. I've seen him work on a number of bows and he's really good.

Have your brother tell Mitch that I sent him his way.

P.S. I know Mitch works most Thurs afternoons and evenings, but don't know his schedule other than that.

BTW, I strongly advise your brother to NOT get Mitch started talking about bowfishing! He knows a thing or two about bowfishing and is just a weee bit passionate (read: psycho) about it...

SNC00004.jpg

Thanks for the advice guys. I agree there are specific people at shops in Minneapolis who I trust to work on my bow and I have changed shops as they have moved around. Just because a guy works at a shop doesn't mean he knows his way around a bow.