• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Yamaha f115 ??

fishit

I have an 09 f115 and somtimes when I go from idle into gear the engine dies,(somtimes it seems to hesitate very slight and then goes). It starts right back up and off I go but is this a sign of something going bad? Another time I notice it is if I power load and I run back to take the motor out of gear it will kill as it's taken out of gear? Trying to stay ahead of things.

THanks

I had this and it was a dirty connection in the controls but it only cured it for a short time. The last time I changed my plugs it seemed to take care of the issue. A friend also had a sensor replaced in his motor to cure that issue. Im sorry but I cant remember the name of the sensor.

No this is only when you come to a stop like when docking if Im reading the post right. At least thats the only time mine would do this. Like I said I ran some ring free through a couple tanks of gas and changed the plugs and it seems to have cured any issue I had with this. Hopefully its a long time cure and doesnt come back.

I have never had any stalling problems while running at any speed.

I think I had this issue as well when I first bought my boat used. I think I did as Northlander said and changed the plugs and I also run ringfree. I don't have this issue anymore. Not sure if the previous owner ran ringfree or not.

happens when I take it out of gear(like pulling up to the dock) and if I try and take off from idle. Not everytime, maybe once an outing. I just put her in neutral fire it up and off I go. I have it's first tank of ringfree in it now, I'll run a couple tanks and change plugs and see if that does it. I appreciate the comments. (never cuts out when I am moving)

Your issue seems unrelated to injectors but I thought I would throw this in anyway since my experience was painful with my f150

If you do not already, I highly recommend adding the 90/gph Yamaha external fuel filter. I had to have my injectors replaced (warranty) or cleaned 4 times in 39 hours of motor use. The mechanic at the dealer was surprised that the boat wasn't sold with an external filter installed since Yami's are known for their injector problems. I have since gone 1.5 seasons and about 30 hours with the filter and running ring-free. No issues at all.

A sign that the problem was occurring was that my throttle control was wide open but I could only get about 4000 rpms and the engine seemed rough.

Something does not sound right. I have the 115 Yammie and it has been running perfectly for the past six years. Or it was, until a guy (mechanic) convinced me I needed (1st) new plugs and (2nd) injectors. Then it ran like a nightmare. Until I got it into the hands of some people who actually KNEW what they were doing. Now it runs fine again.

But I am amazed at ALL those injectors etc. in a mere 39 hours of running! Something else HAS to be going on there.

And RE: the comment about 115's being "known to have injector problems"....known by WHOM? I ran the same injectors six years and never missed a beat. Does Yamaha admit they "know there are injector problems"?

A Yamaha master mechanic from Key West told me the proper solution online in a forum...he also offers sonic fuel injector cleaning. Then I took it to Rapid Sport Marine and they basically told me the same thing. 90/gph fuel filter + always run ring free + only use non-oxy fuel.

I was also told Yamaha has a service advisory note, but I haven't seen it. Yamaha blames fuel quality, not design...what a surprise.

Again, my motor is an f150. But I have read others in forums having the same issues with thier f115.

Okay, thanks for the update. I am going to look into this further because as I said earlier, I have run six years on a 115 without a problem and surely nothing from the injectors. I do not have the auxiliary fuel separator/filter but am planning to add it this week. By now we should ALL KNOW about the new gasolines and what a nightmare they are for small engines. Fresh gas. Clean Filters.

Onward.....into the fog.

Here's a shot in the dark but it makes more sense than injectors or lack of ring free...

Anyways, a lot of motors, both I/O's and outboards have a built in feature where the engines rpm is lowered almost killing the motor between shifts. This is designed to decrease the wear on clutch dogs and gears in the lower unit. My friend just bought a boat powered by a Yammie F150 and it's having the exact same problem. I thought possibly a fuel pressure issue, possibly a small leak somewhere before the ball or even a small leak near the fuel filter. The other thought was the shift "interrupt" switch. After calling a few authorized Yamaha dealers and discussing the problem he is almost positive that all he needs is the shift cable readjusted. If he bangs it into gear and gives it more than an idle amount of throttle he won't kill the motor. Any shifting done slowly just outside of neutral results in a killed motor. Runs perfect otherwise.