• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Done with Dewalt

Trollin226

For Christmas last year I received a new 18v nano battery as a gift. A few days ago the battery stopped working and will not take a charge. Knowing that you do need a receipt for the warranty I figured I would give the service center in EP a call and see if they could do anything for me. Maybe I was wrong to think it but I was hopeful that a huge company would stand by their product. I was told that without a receipt and warranty registration their is nothing they will do. End of story I am done with Dewalt, I just figured I would pass this along...

You gave up very easily. smile

E-mail DeWalt through their Web site contact info and explain the problem. We've had tools that were both in and out of warranty go bad before, and even though the local dealers in some cases wouldn't stand by the product, the manufacturer did. No matter how good a manufacturer is, some small percentage of their products will fail.

Latest case in point is a 1-week-old heavy duty Fiskars garden trowel. Snapped right off when my wife was digging weeds. Local greenhouse didn't want to swap, so we got ahold of Fiskars. New one coming in the mail.

It's worth a try. In these cases we communicate our dissatisfaction but are polite. It was actually my wife who taught me about this. She's great at getting satisfaction (gift certificate, refund, free replacement product) when something doesn't perform well. I'm the one who is likely to shrug it off and dump it in the trash and move on -- she's the bulldog.

If it's one of the compact Li-Ion batteries this seems to be a common problem. They seemed to have some issues when released. I agree with calling dewalt, they should take care of you. Make sure you treat them with respect don't be a dik and you should be ok.

I retract my previous coments about Dewalt. I took a chance and stopped into the local service center and they were great about helping me out. I should be getting a new battery via ups sometime next week. Thanks for the advice Steve...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.