• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Coach1310

Propane Pre Buy,,,

What kind of prices are you guys seeing for pre buy right now and in the past what has been the best time to buy??

Boy that is a rip Steve.

Can you burn wood?

Maybe a trip up to your place cutting wood and some fishing is in line.

Tom, I've got 9 cords of ash and birch (mostly ash) cut and split and seasoning for fall. We heat primarily with wood. The single propane fill will be used for really cold nights or when we leave town for a few days, and should last us the whole heating season that way.

I am seeing 1.79 right now but I am going to hold off for a little while and see if I can get it a little lower.

My quote is 1.79 right now too.... what month is usually the best? I'm thinking of pulling the trigger and being done with it, but I haven't decided yet.... I would like to see something in the 1.60's.....what happened to global warming???

There is a deadline for pre-buy and we should be getting close to it.

Its not too often the price of propane drops from this point on but last year it did.

My supplier adjusted that price for us because we buy in bulk(4 tanks) and pay cash not to mention long time customers. Even if your supplier won't do that for you, getting locked in now will save come winter when the price will rise.

I just locked in at $1.649. After that I called another place and their current price is at $1.55. For about 10cents less and the amount I used it wasn't worth me to switch places.

1.59 here in detroit lakes through the company I have been useing every one else is at 1.649 to 1.699.

You guys are killing me.... $1.79 is the cheapest my comp has been so far.... If i could get 1.69 I would get it done right now!!

Same here coach, just holding out for something in the 1.59 to 1.69 range. At least its a good sign others are seeing lower prices.

Lets give this one a bump. Coach I'm still at 1.79, how about you? Anyone else finding any lower prices out there?

still 1.79 and my price won't have a chance to change until a week or so. I am starting to lean towards just buying and getting it over with. I would rather know I'm good and find out I left a hundred bucks on the table, then get to January and be paying 2.49 or something, when I could have pre bought....

I locked in about a month ago at $1.61 with a local CO-OP, they just came last week and topped off my tank and it was $1.44? Not sure if being in South Dakota makes a difference either.

I am not sure how this works, this is all new to me, just moved into the home in May and never used propane etc. before. I signed up for a budgeted pre pay, and its based off how much propane I use and also what the temperature is outside so they can tell when they will need to come back and add more this winter.

My tank was about 3/4 full so they just added some to get it amost at %100 full but I think they leave a lttle room for expansion?

usually the tanks can only be filled to 80%, which for a standard 500 gallon tank is 400 gallons. I'm sure there are different taxes and such from state to state, but 1.44 is an awesome price!! I can only hope that will be the price moving forward...

Coach, I would go with the price you have as I don't see it dropping much more this late in the summer. I worked for some years with propane and once the county fairs started, the price was about set.

Another dime would be nice but up 10 would be worse.

In regards to filling the tank, I do believe the industry standard says no fuller than 85%. One needs room for expansion or the valve will pop to release some from pressure.

WE had our prebuy fill last week and it was at $1.49 plus a .10 discount for paying right away. This was in Stevens County.

Still at 1.79 here (Crow Wing County) I haven't ordered yet but I am starting to get the feeling when I don't I don't be happy about it.

What the heck! I was happy to talk my guy down to 1.69 - I might have to play hardball a little while longer since I haven't sent in the contract yet.

These two coops do move a lot of propane in the area, and they have their fingers in multiple different businesses supporting all the farmers down here. We got a quote from a propane company and i think the price was 1.59 or 1.69 for new customers, and 1.79 or so for existing customers, plus fees.

In southern mn just topped the tank off at $1.36 and contracted in the first of july for $1.42 must be paid in 7 days or its .05 higher . my supplier has a keep fill program which they top of tank once a month from oct to end feb this works good know need to call and no big bill Terry

$1.69 from Leaf River Ag Service in Wadena today. I was told it wouldn't change and the pre-pay deadline is August 31st.