• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

South Metro Slop Hawgs Tournaments

If you are interested in fishing a few laid back weeknight tournaments this summer consider fishing with the South Metro Slop Hawgs! This is a small tournament series that will feature small entry fees and a jackpot style payback. These will be very laid back and enjoyable events where we hope the tournament participants will be able to meet some new people as well as learn a few new things about bass fishing. All skill level anglers are welcome!!

Schedule for July and August:

Crystal Lake – July 7th - 5:00 pm-9:00 pm

Prior Lake – July 21st - 5:00 pm-9:00 pm

Lake Marion – August 4th - 5:00 pm- 8:30 pm

Crystal Lake – August 18th - 5:00 pm- 8:30 pm

If we find that people are interested in fishing more events, we will accommodate for the interest by extending our schedule into September.

There will be a $10 entry fee per boat. You can fish by yourself or with two people in the boat. The payout will be per boat, not per individual.

These will be weigh-in tournaments. There is no length limit on boats as long as they have a functioning livewell.

If you are interested in fishing these events please send an email to [email protected] so we can send you a more detailed spreadsheet regarding the tournaments.

If you are not able to send an email for confirmation, that is fine, please just show up by 4:45 pm on the designated tournament date so we can take care of the entry fees and give you a quick run down of a few rules.

Additionally, if you are not able to arrive at 5:00 pm due to other obligations, please just call either me or Sam when you get to the lake so we can confirm your attendance.

Bob Cell: 651-276-1910

Sam Cell: 612-306-2675

If you have any other questions or concerns, feel free to contact us through the email address, phone or here on FM.

Thanks!

- Sam and Bob

Boat is out of commision, but wondering if anyone wants to enter but doesn't have a co-angler? Willing to split all costs, bait, gas, beer etc. I work in the S. Metro and this would be perfect. Not a pro, but can hold my own.

St.Croix: any chance there are people who need a partner?

Haven't had any response from another person that needs a partner. You can fish by yourself too if you would like to. I will keep you informed if I find someone that needs a partner. Also, you mentioned "bait" in your list of costs, in these tournaments only artificial baits/lures will be allowed.

Tator 2k, For right now we are going to have them on wednesdays. If we find that a majority of people feel the need to move them to a different day during the week, then we may take action. However, as you can imagine, everyone has different schedules, and no matter what day we have it on, it probably wont work for someone...

Boat is out of commision, but wondering if anyone wants to enter but doesn't have a co-angler? Willing to split all costs, bait, gas, beer etc. I work in the S. Metro and this would be perfect. Not a pro, but can hold my own.

St.Croix: any chance there are people who need a partner?

I might be interested in doing the August events, drop me an email just search Rich Lindgren, click on contact from my web page

Just a reminder that out second event will be this evening on Prior Lake. We will be starting at 5:00pm and going to 9:00pm. We will be going out of the launch next to sand point beach. $10 entry fee per boat, you can fish by yourself or with a partner. Payout will be per boat. $5 big bass pot too. Show up a little before 5pm if interested.

Thanks!

-Bob

Just a reminder that our third event will be this Wednesday the 4th on Crystal Lake. We will be starting at 5:00pm and going to about 8:45pm. $10 entry fee per boat, you can fish by yourself or with a partner. Payout will be per boat. $5 big bass pot too. Have your boat in the water before 5pm if interested. If you have any questions get a hold of Bob or Sam at the contact info listed above.