• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Plumbing for Camper??

chasineyes

Hello, getting ready for our trip to Colorado camping for the first time. My question...we have a pop up that I would like to hook up to water. I assume I run my "garden" hose from the spigot to the camper intake. Question then is what do I do with the "dirty" sink water? There is NO toilet so thankfully no "nasty" water.

THanks!

Yeah you will have two hookups on outside of camper, the lower one you can throw a small length of hose and let the water drain onto the ground, as long as its not too nasty. I only wash hands and brush teeth in my popups sink, so it isn't a contaminent

Check with the rules about where you're camping. Few places allow you to run grey water onto the ground. You may need to have some sort of tank or bucket beneath the drain. Newer campers, including pop-ups have a grey water tank that will capture the dirty water and then you can dump it at a dump station at a campground or other RV site.

One more suggestion on a hose. When I got my popup, I went cheap and bought an 8 footer. I bought a 25 footer the other day, save some time and get a 25 footer right away. That 8 footer isn't near long enough and was a waste of money now.

Check with the rules about where you're camping. Few places allow you to run grey water onto the ground. You may need to have some sort of tank or bucket beneath the drain.

While not 100% sure but I would be willing to put a wager down that unless you're off in an unimproved camping area in the mountains with no one else around, Colorado will want you to have some sort of containment for the gray water. If you are going to a state park near a lake you will want a bucket to catch it at a minimum.

I agree, not many places will want a sloppy mess under all the sites. What I wonder is... How much harm does that water do if your only using it to brush teeth, wash hands and rinse veggies or whatever? I'm not suggesting by any means, just thinking it wouldn't be much different than how you would operate if you were in a tent.