• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Custom Pedestal Bait Holder - compliments to RK!

I did a complete boat modification last summer and am slowly working the accessories into the boat....just finally got a pedestal seat last week for the front deck and what pedestal seat can be without a bait holder! A couple hours into each fishing trip I have baits all over the front deck and I'm usually almost a bit OCD about organization so the baits everywhere drive me a little nuts....haha. I did some searching on here yesterday and found the post where RK talked about his CA box.....thanks RK, the 3" plastic downspout worked awesome for this.

$12 total, 30 minutes to make and it was ready for baits this morning. I got 2 sections of 10' plastic 3" gutter downspouts and already had one tube of liquid nails (that stuff is aweesome!) I was looking at it when it was all put together and was trying to figure out a place for the tools....then I looked over in the corner of the garage and saw the 1" black PVC - perfect! I will probably will do another one for the back pedestal and make an actual CA box to fish out of other boats. Thought some of you might like a look....

img5495w.jpg

img5494l.jpg

To make that one better, take your bandsaw and notch a each side 2x so the hooks sink in and keep the baits from mixing anymore then they already will.

I wondered if they would be okay like that or not..I'll bust out the dremmel with the cutting wheel tonight.

Shoot2kill---Looks awsome--I need one for my boat.

Anyone know where you can buy one of these for those of us who don't have the time or desire to make one?

Thorne Brothers or Rollie and Helens has the "Pedistal Pal"....for 70 bucks.

Shoot's quality on the box and the picture (cheap cell phone technology at its finest!) is better than mine but I decided to do this in an unused livewell and it freed up some deck space. I put the hook notches in and so far am happy with it. A $6 abrasive wheel on a table saw makes it real easy to get clean cuts. Thanks goes to my bro for the final assembly.

skibox.jpg