• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
iceman16

buying a boat?

my boat just took its last lap around the lake. now i really want a boat boat now but just dont have the funds. are the prices for boats usually cheaper in the fall, winter or spring? thanks for any input.

iceman

generally they are cheapest in the fall/early winter. But as Esox states. Log some hours on the net, there are always deals to be found.

It's not spring, that's for sure. But starting in August the prices usually start to drop all the way to ice up.

with the way the economy is I really dont think it matters a whole lot. If you put in the time to do the research a deal can be had all year long.

Dealerships sometimes will run specials or close outs but you'll probably spend the same amount of cash at any time of the year as they need to make money on the boat...you may get more accessories or options or better financing at the pre-season or post-season though. If you by from a private dealer / person, you'll get a much better deal or have better bargining come the off season, say mid winter but you'll also have less options.

Take a drive in the country. I have seen so many boats with signs on them that I doubt are listed anywhere but right there in the yard.

Keep an eye on walleyecentral.com. There have a lot of boat ads added everyday..... and sometimes there are some good deals.

Boat I just bought was listed for about 3 hours when I called on it. To good of deal to pass up and knew if I waited it wouldn't last long... I missed 3-4 other great buys due to having to sell my old one first. Once it sold took me about 20 minutes to buy another.... Best part is I went 10 years newer, from Alum to Glass, bigger motor and the new one cost less than I sold mine for.... Even with driving 700 miles to get it I still come out ahead...

I tried to sell a boat in the fall and dropped the price all the way down to $2600 just so I didn't have to store it another winter. Not one call on it. I listed it again in the spring for $3400 and it sold the same day the paper came out. That tells you something.

check out iboatsdotcom too, heck i found a 5 ft boat on there the other day. pretty cool site