• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What are some good Shakey Jigheads?

MidCoast

i favorite jig is the gander mountain shakey head, with the football head shape, and screw lok.

my favorite baits, Roboworms! by far!

but basically any straight tail worm are the best for shaking. zoom trick worms, roboworms, etc.

i have had quite a bit of success using a shakey jig and crawfish looking plastics, like the YUM craw pappy.

So what is the difference in technique when fishing a shakey jighead and a regular jig and worm combo? Do you just let the shakey jighead drop to the bottom and twitch it? I've always just used a small black jig and a 6" power worm with a ribbon tail and bounce it off the bottom back to the boat.

Nels

Hi MidC -

I like the Northland Shakey Ball heads, and the Owner Ultra Head shakey jigs. Some of the shakey jig heads have hooks that are too heavy for my tastes.

As far as worms, Northland Shakey worms are good, Zoom finesse worms, Roboworms, and Zoom Shakey Tails are all ones I've used. Seem to work for me.

Nels - Tonka described it pretty well. Variations on a common theme really, and it's all jigworming to me, but jigworming as it seems to be defined generally is more of a vertical presentation with an exposed hook jig with fish hitting on the drop, and shakey head is more like a light football head with a lot of bottom contact. Although frankly, either fished either way works. It's a pretty blurry line between the two sometimes. I guess if it catches fish it doesn't much matter what one calls it...

Cheers,

Rob Kimm

I like using the Buckeye spot remover with the wire twist lock, picasso shakedown, and picasso shake-e-football if I am skin hooking. If I am running and exposed hook I use the all-terrain mighty jig.

I try to keep my selection of worms to these: zoom trick worms, culprit ribbontail worm, kinami senko