• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Finlander

Camp Ripley hunt question?

It seems like our group wouldn’t get preference for our success last year.

Two for four!

Do you think our group from last year will be successful getting a permit for this fall?

Should we break the group up to get a better chance?

keep the group together, weve gotten in up to 3 years in a row.

I have had back to back years in the past. Ripley is more of a social hunt for us, so going as a group is more important than 1 guy with a preference point. Worst case the group doesn't get drawn and you can all plan a hunt somewhere else.

I am guessing there will be a spike in applications this season based upon the publicity that was garnered last year. Your best chance at drawing would be to not apply in a group with those having no preference points as the whole group would then be treated as having no preference.

i dont think it was any secret the trophys that were in ripleyi would apply as a group unless you want the chance of going by yourself

I would apply with a group. I don't think that it matters I have been lucky for the last 2 years in a row. Might be little more diffcult becuse of the big buck be shot. But it is not a hunt you look for a trophey and want a nice quite hunt either. Most of the deer harvested is mostly lucky hunters For the ones I seen seem to be flying though my hunt area getting pushed by other hunters. So like Cheetah said it is a fun hunt which my group take as it is.