• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Left Field

10,000 Casts

Count me on the D-man's bandwagon too! While it's true that he isn't the best fielder, or for that matter a good fielder, he's improving in that facet of his game also. I just think he is maturing and starting to 'get it' at the plate. I didn't think I'd ever see him become that patient at waiting for a pitch to hit, although he still sometimes takes a whack at the first pitch, no matter where it is. Confidence is a great thing. I hope he can continue for the second half & help the Twins into the playoffs.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Price was really dealing last night.....he is having a GOOD year. Valentia got 2 of the 4 hits, with the gamewinning RBI. Kubel got on base, so Young had a chance.....IT IS A TEAM GAME, all are needed. NOW if Young would have had 2 SOLO homeruns, when they won 2-1.....he would have carried the team that day. Players average or less, defensively, don't get on all-star teams.....dream on.

I hate to say this, but bask in the glory while you can, he isn't Ted Williams or Joe DiMaggio, and never will be- his hot streak will end. Cuddyer was hotter during the second half of last season than Youngs been this year, and stepped up and played great first base and helped lead us over that hump and into the play-offs. Whereas right now we have a 1 game lead, we aren't running away with anything.

Price was really dealing last night.....he is having a GOOD year. Valentia got 2 of the 4 hits, with the gamewinning RBI. Kubel got on base, so Young had a chance.....IT IS A TEAM GAME, all are needed. NOW if Young would have had 2 SOLO homeruns, when they won 2-1.....he would have carried the team that day. Players average or less, defensively, don't get on all-star teams.....dream on.

Alot of all stars are good defensive players, but it doesn't have much, if anything to do with it. You really think the fans are looking up defensive stats to see who should make the all star team?? Griffey was among the leaders and he retired!! Piazza made quite a few all star teams and was pretty average to below average as a catcher just to name one.... I don't think Delmon deserves it this year, but I would go out on a limb and say he will have 3-5 appearances before his career is over.

Defense has a lot of influence on all-star ballots....even though offensive #'s are talked about more. You mentioned Piazza as proof.....I give you Ozzie Smith (ss) as evidence to my point. The truth is, people don't want a defensive liability to hurt their favorites chances to win. Each team HAS TO have a representative on the team....Young would be a good representative for such a team(only rep), and would be used as a pinch-hitter. If Young's last month becomes more normal for him(instead of a "flash-in-the-pan), I agree with you about 3-5 appearances for him in the future. He has really improved.....keep it up Delmon, great for the TEAM.

Young had a good night,3 for 3(even though 1 went to the pitcher) and a walk. Kubel had a GREAT night....2 for 5 ,with a HR, and 2 warning track drives center fielder made really good catches on. Span hit the ball better, and drove in the game winner. I've been watching the box-scores lately, for the TOP of the line-up.....1-10, 0-8, 1-14, 1-13, etc.....for the TEAM to do well again, they HAVE TO do better....key to the second half-season is right there.

No problem! Figured if anyone else thinks he deserves the spot we might as well at least put in a few votes for the guy. Personally I voted about 10 times for him and plan on voting a few more also! Go Delmon!

Yeah it never told me to stop either and I know I passed 30 times. Which highlights the futility of fan voting (even though I'm guilty of it).

In reality the player that gets voted in has the most persistent, bored, and goofy fans?

HA! Yeah I think that would say it correctly! Guess it just goes to show you that stats, in all reality, mean little to nothing as far as voting goes. Though I(as do most of you I assume) believe that Delmon does deserve to make the team based on how he has performed this year.

Placed my votes for Delmon. I've been a big fan of his this year. He's really matured as a hitter and improved his fielding.

Not only as a hitter but he has really improved as far as his personality goes. The last 3 interviews he's had have been impressive. Very humble and respectful.

I voted like 20 times I figured I'd get few votes in for Sled who is on that Crappola AT*T network and he's probably having problems voting more than once... grin

Not only as a hitter but he has really improved as far as his personality goes. The last 3 interviews he's had have been impressive. Very humble and respectful.

I voted like 20 times I figured I'd get few votes in for Sled who is on that Crappola AT*T network and he's probably having problems voting more than once... grin

high speed cable, buddy

I would invite you fishing up here and we'd see who has better reception in God's country, BUT, the epic fishing would be too much of a favor for a "cuddy fan".

rainy.jpg

After watching highlights of the game tonite, I see why Delmon never dives for pop flys. He did it tonite and almost got decapitated by Span. That was an ugly collision!! Good thing Hudson wasn't involved, he would be out a month.

I am coming around on Delmon at the dish, but his "D" is still horrible- but any and all Yankees should be excluded from the extra man All Star voting. Everyone knows their fans stuff the ballot box. The manager of each squad should make the call on that final guy