• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Private land for bear hunting

So this year I was not pulled for a tag in the lottery. We usually hunt large areas of state land. Since I still would love to hunt bears this year, I am forced to hunt no-quota. It appears that large areas of public land are hard to find in the no quota area that I would like to hunt. I am planning on hunting southeast of area 45/51. My question to anybody is how easy is it to acquire permission to hunt bears on private land? Are people a little bit nervous about having bears around? Any input on what to say to people would be greatly appreciated. I don't want to freak anybody out. Thanks

I can't help except to tell it can be very difficult to bait on private land if the owners live on or close to that land. The human curiosity factor can ruin a bait when people start checking out your bait site.

Start talking to the farmers most of the will gladly let you if they are having bears doing damage to thier crops they can ruin a wheat or corn fiekd relly fast. Start knocking on doors now though time is running out ask them if they have had crop damage from bears in the past to narrow down the spots.

I agree on both counts, Good luck nik. Talk in to the local dnr wildlife manager or CO an ask about nuesense, newsence, nuecense, (you know what I mean,) bear reports. Just an Idea. Good luck, Boar