• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Stay at home date night ideas????

My wife (I love her with all my heart) isn't much of a romantic. She has a typical type "A" personality. All business, straight to the point, workaholic...with a "get'er done" attitude!

I was thinking about some of the ideas above and what would happen at my house if I were to try them. Example: If I had a bubble bath all ready for her and a glass of wine (she's not a big wine drinker, so it would have to be a frosty glass of ice cold beer), the candles lit, the kids gone for the evening, some nice music playing in the background, lights dimmed down and supper almost ready (which I usually do anyway because of our work schedule),.....she would walk in the house, look around, then look at me with a sly look, then bust out laughing because she would know I was trying to "butter her up" for something I want to go buy, or do, which, would most likely be true! Or else, she would say "alright, what did you do now!" thinking that I had done someting wrong and I wanted to fess-up about it! -BIG MOOD KILLER!-

It would be a lot like the beer commercial on tv where the guy comes home to the candles and notes that he follows to the frig and finds a case of ice cold beer. Only in my case the roles are reversed!

Reality!

Oh well! It started off as a nice thought! crazy

My wife (I love her with all my heart) isn't much of a romantic. She has a typical type "A" personality. All business, straight to the point, workaholic...with a "get'er done" attitude!

I was thinking about some of the ideas above and what would happen at my house if I were to try them. Example: If I had a bubble bath all ready for her and a glass of wine (she's not a big wine drinker, so it would have to be a frosty glass of ice cold beer), the candles lit, the kids gone for the evening, some nice music playing in the background, lights dimmed down and supper almost ready (which I usually do anyway because of our work schedule),.....she would walk in the house, look around, then look at me with a sly look, then bust out laughing because she would know I was trying to "butter her up" for something I want to go buy, or do, which, would most likely be true! Or else, she would say "alright, what did you do now!" thinking that I had done someting wrong and I wanted to fess-up about it! -BIG MOOD KILLER!-

It would be a lot like the beer commercial on tv where the guy comes home to the candles and notes that he follows to the frig and finds a case of ice cold beer. Only in my case the roles are reversed!

Reality!

Oh well! It started off as a nice thought! crazy

Well, I agree that some times it's the way we have "trained" them over the years not to trust us! Some time if you can get yourself too. sick

You should watch the "wife swap" show. It really highlights what Hubbies and wifes think they know about each other and what they really find out once another woman shows up! wink Yep, manscape! shocked