• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Stay at home date night ideas????

During the summer we don't really have time for date nights but in the winter we like to have a nice dinner, enjoy a glass of wine in front of the fireplace and watch a movie. Our date nights don't happen very often only when our 11 yr old is on a sleepover, but we take them when we can.

Cooking something new together is fun, I think, especially when there is no hurry. There is something nice about working together in the kitchen.

At this very moment in time, however, a perfect date night would be an evening of relaxation in the boat, meaning hubby brought the snacks and loaded up the cooler and all I had to do was come home from work, throw on play clothes and jump in the truck.

So where to start.... pizza, movie,munchies, after that some nice music and just talking about anything or everything... that comes to your mind.... if you have nothing just sitting side by side holding each other.

Tony says to make a nice dinner together as everybody else, just spending time together!!!

Enjoy your time together.

i know northlanders comment was meant as good humor but my wife and i spend our best times fishing together. for you singles how about going camping together for a weekend once you know each other better. maby its already been said. 19 years and never an argument, i am truly blessed. a campsite could be considered home [temporarily].

A biggie is to surprise her. At risk of every guy hammering me - I pretty much outkicked my coverage so I try once in awhile to make sure to treat her right - so here goes.

Surprise her with a tub full of hot water and a wine or whatever she likes right when she gets home. Have dinner pretty much ready so by the time she's good and relaxed you have a good meal ready to go. Doesn't have to be fancy but something she likes. After the meal she has option, a walk, a movie, or whatever else she likes (maybe a game). The fact that you spend more than 5 minutes preparing and trying to treat her right will go over well.

I find it some of the requests on this forum ironic: date-night advice on a fishing forum! grin Just seems funny.

Anyway, there are tons of things that you could do:

-Backyard bonfire with smores (the weather is about right now)

-Walk around the chain of lakes, stopping for a bite to eat at an uptown restaurant

-Try a new sport or activity (bowling, darts, pool, ultimate frisbee, disc golf, regular golf, tennis, etc)

-Take a dance class together

-Find a place to suprise her and go horseback riding

-Haul your bicycles somewhere (10 minutes away or 30 minutes away) to bike some place new

-Do a destination bicycle ride to somewhere for dinner

-Cooking something together (that you've never made) can be fun; even grocery shopping for it can be an adventure if you need unique ingredients

-Go on a nature hike in one of the state or local parks

-Canoe down a river (you'll need both cars)

-Volunteer somewhere together

I just thought these up in about 3 minutes. Use your own imagination for more.

I was serious about my last post by the way. grin

On another note I like to everey once in a while take care of dinner so that when my wife gets home all she has to do is sit down eat, kick her feet up, read a good book and do what ever she would like. Keep it simple! A good barbeque in the back yard this time of year is fun.

harvey you got 36 years, i got 19. we respect each other enough not to yell at each other. if we disagree on something we just talk about it. its not that she allows everything or anything i just dont do anything a spouse would dissaprove of i guess. i have always been that way. hey i do all the cooking and most of the laundry. i do all the housework because she still works and i'm retired, the cooking i have been doing that since i moved out of my parents house. i love it. this way we also have more time to spend together. i dont know if i can say the same thing at 36 years but hey i'm not changing a thing. good luck.

make a nice dinner candles what not, make something different that you have never had before thats always fun

This is a good one! But don't forget to do the %$#@ dishes after wards or the mess you leave for her just doesn't make it work! cry

you would be surprised how many guys cook and do a good job at it. as far as dishes, i consider the kitchen my territory. i have my special way of putting dishes in the washer and i know where everything is. i also do all the grocery shopping. good luck.

I've had my share of date nights.

What I did initially was ask her what her dream stay-in date night would be. Coupla days later, she told me a few ideas.

I didn't follow up on them at all (totally on purpose), so she figured I was in typical me-male mode. Then, months later, I did one. Turned out to be a honeymoon night all over again.

So ASK her. The ask and interest alone is a strong signal that you love her. No matter how long a couple has been together and how strong the commitment, jobs and kids and the busy parts of life pull you apart. You have to show you still care.