• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Where to buy battery indicator

Pary

Looking for a battery indicator for the boat. Not looking to spend to much. Something that works good enough to let me know if battery is running low so I will know when to stop fishing!! lol. tia.

I have one built into the trolling motor,when it stops running it's time to head home.

Seriously, the battery indicators don't really do much for you. They indicate a range of about 11 to 13.5 volts and give an indication of where the circuit voltage is. You will get different readings with the motor running and at rest. I don't use one anymore for that reason.

Sorry forgot to say that it's only for the trolling motor battery if that makes any difference. There's a bunch of local lakes that I go too only allow for electric motors only. Just don't want to get stuck out rowing back in. lol.

vexilar has a couple models available that seem to work quite well. Do a search for Vexilar D-130 (digital read) or T-130 (LED read).

The D-130 seemed pretty accurate as far as I've used it, it also indicates if the battery is draining or charging.

There are some nifty battery box's with built in voltage indicators, and easy power out and in for charging, for extras as needed....even a cigarette or accessory port inlet.

That may be a good option for your needs in this situation?

The Vexilar D-130 should do well for you to monitor % of charge, and will operate in the voltage range your using. They run about $25.

do you have a finder on your boat? I have a Cuda 242 (now sold as the cuda 300) and it also has a voltmeter function. I think I paid under $100 for mine.

Kill two birds with one stone?