• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
swedishpimple

Goose Hunting on a Canola Field??

Lasts years wheat field is now a conala/rape field. Will the honkers still use this field. There are not many fields in this part of the state, so the do not have lots of options, nor do we.

I'm sure they do go in canola fields when they want to but from my experience they do not very often when there is soybeans, wheat and barley fields around to pick from.

If you are hunting around Bemidji area I would just search for hay fields, cattle fields with ponds or hunt on water if you can.

I only rarely have seen geese use a Canola field and then only in real small numbers. Better look for other spots. Doves love the stuff.

Soybeans? I dont think i've ever seen honks in a soybean field!

sarcasm?

If not- harvested soy beans specifically... I've had my best hunts in soy bean fields but I have seen fowl go in soy beans that were not harvested.

Last year I saw geese fly over picked corn fields to get to soybeans for the majority of the fall.

I also have had some great hunts in bean fields. The dekes obviously show up better and concealment can be tough but we got that figured out.

guppie,

Care to share your hide method for a picked bean field?

we bring a rake and gather up all the stubble we can get to put on the blinds, also for blinds we use power hunters most of the time and a couple customized x'landrs...not the most comfortable blind out there but it gets the job done. Beans are great fields but can be tricky to hide in.

my yearly progression is usually, hay and oats fields early. soy beans usually come out before corn so ill move to soy beans then finish off the season in corn.