• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New here..and a question or two

amanda55469

Wow. This is a great site.

It's wonderful to see a board like this where fisherpeople can talk and share information. I love all the pictures and stories. Some of them are quite funny too!!!

Anyways, I have a question that is related to a story. If you are faint of heart you might not wanna read this. I can't believe I am sharing this, but since it was a few years ago, I think I'm safe.

When I was about 23 we hired a guide for some lake up north, Whinnie I think or something like it, and went out fishing.

It was me, [the lone girl in the boat]and 3 guys, plus the guide.

Well the fishing was great and the weather was nice, despite a little wind that was blowing making the lake kinda rough.

I was drinking alot of water as it was hot and kinda humid, and soon I needed to use the restroom.

The guide asked me if I would be willing to use the can he had in the boat, and I declined...and I said I'd be OK.

Well after another half hour of bouncing in the waves though I realized I was gonna need to go very soon. So he fired up the boat and said we could go to an island that was near by.

Once we started hitting the waves though, my bladder could take no more. [please don't think I am gross] I wet my pants in front of three guys in the middle of the lake in the boat before we could reach shore.

I was horrified that they would want to take me to shore and leave me there, and I was embarrassed to say the least. But none of them even teased me, and one of the guys was kind of flirty with me afterwards...I don't know why..???

So since then, I always bring extra clothes, and wear dark jogging pants or shorts in the boat, and I try to not drink too much beverages if I know the access or camp is far. My bluejeans were a dead givewaway of what happened.

sorry if this is TMI or gross.

My question...is there a device or something other then a potra potty for women that can be used in the boat so I don't have to "bare all" in front of people to do business?

Also, am I the only one that has had this happen to? Please tell me someones girlfriend or wife has done this at least once.

thanks for your help, and maybe a story or two to help me feel better about my horrific event [but I caught a lot of fish...perch and walleyes...fun!!! even though I spent half the trip in uncomfortable jeans].

thank you!!!!

Mandy Mae

First of all, welcome to the forums.

There are several methods, many of which have been discussed in similar threads before so do some searching and you'll find your answers. Most ladies who come in my boat opt for the hang-over-the-side-of-the-boat method as we all look the other way. I've also gone over to islands, which works on lakes up north where you have undeveloped shores. When you're in the Metro or more heavily used lakes, you have to go in the boat unless you can get to shore. At that point you can use a coffee can, ice cream bucket, funnel, or any number of ideal locations. My buddy goes in the back of his boat, where it slopes towards the water. I suppose that would be a great spot for ladies too.

Search the internet though, I'm sure that somebody sells something for $19.95 that will fit your needs. Good luck!

Personally, my first reaction to your story was that the guide was ill prepared and ill mannered to make you wait so long. Even though you said you were okay, I think he should have taken you to shore right away out of courtesy for you.

Welcome to HSO, I'm sure you are not the first person that this has happened to. Not too long ago someone mentioned bringing a poncho along and using the coffee can method. My wife used this trick the other day, but uses the female urinal instead of the can, on a crowed metro lake with 3 other people in the boat. She said it was the "best" experience she's had on a boat.

femaleurinal.gif

5 gallon pail has many uses. Biodigradable TP is a must. If my wife isnt comfortable going in the boat with others what she finds too close than we go in for a few minutes. Usually though the back live well or a 5 gallon pail does the trick.

Hi Mandy and welcome to HSO! I feel that you got a lot of good info from these guys! I must say I've been very fortunate that I've not been put in a situation where I've had to wait and wait and wait to use the "facilities"-either a bucket, island or the boat access. One thing I'm going to take from these posts is the awesome idea of a poncho! I fish Winnie too and I know how competitive these guys can be for spots and not want to leave them so someone can use a potty. Thanks for your candor and honesty and I look forward to hearing more from you!

Thank you so much for the warm welcome.

Yeah, I agree, there is a lot of great advice here...and everywhere on this site for that matter.

I am sometimes too open about stuff....lol, like this.

In my situation, I should have been honest in the first place and not said I was fine when I knew I wasn't going to be able to hold it. But accidents happen, (more then I should admit) and fishing was great so all in all, everything was fine.

I hope the weather is decent this weekend to go fishing.

thank you again lisa, and I hope to hear from you too!

Though I will say a few things.

Wetting ones pants is a very unique feeling.

Also, wearing black clothes helps.

And when men hear of a 29 year old girl wetting herself, they ask so many questions...Why. Where were you? What did you have on? Could anyone see it? Does it happen a lot.

Female friends respond (eewww) for the most part. Which I suppose explains the lack of girlfriends in my life.

At least I have fishing to get my mind off the things I worry about.

mandy

[email protected]

Welcome to our HSO Family Mandy!! Glad you found us. It appears you have been helped 10 fold. I'm pretty impressed that you were willing to share your experience in order to gain some help. That's awesome. Hope to see you around, good luck in your upcoming fishing adventures.