• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

If I Were Commisioner.................

zamboni

Finish that sentence. Me, I would:

First thing I would do, abolish Pete Roses ban and allow him to be eligible for HOF entrance. Man deserves to be in before he dies and it will be tragic if he's let in after he dies.

Second, get rid of interleague. it was a fun gimmick for about a week. it has gotten stale and needs to go.

Third, get rid of online All Star voting. Some 10 year old kid from Syossett, NY should not be allowed to vote 25 times a day for Teixiera just because hes a Yankee. Guys batting .220 this season and horrible. Let the fans who buy tickets to the games and players, managers and coaches decide.

Fourth, get rid of the winning All Star squad decide home field for the WS. Why should some player from say the Royals or Orioles (as their only mandatory player) decide the outcome? WS home field should go to the team playing in the WS with the better record. Say the NL wins the All Star game, and the Marlins squeak into the WS as a Wild Card with 88 wins, why should they get home field against say the Rays who win 100 during the regular season? Makes no sense.

The fact the Brewers were moved just prior to interleague play, making the NL/AL numbers off still makes no sense, but that was Selig for you. Selig is retiring soon, and I would love to see some of the above happen, to me, its common sense on some of them.

Finish that sentence. Me, I would:

First thing I would do, abolish Pete Roses ban and allow him to be eligible for HOF entrance. Man deserves to be in before he dies and it will be tragic if he's let in after he dies.

Second, get rid of interleague. it was a fun gimmick for about a week. it has gotten stale and needs to go.

Third, get rid of online All Star voting. Some 10 year old kid from Syossett, NY should not be allowed to vote 25 times a day for Teixiera just because hes a Yankee. Guys batting .220 this season and horrible. Let the fans who buy tickets to the games and players, managers and coaches decide.

Fourth, get rid of the winning All Star squad decide home field for the WS. Why should some player from say the Royals or Orioles (as their only mandatory player) decide the outcome? WS home field should go to the team playing in the WS with the better record. Say the NL wins the All Star game, and the Marlins squeak into the WS as a Wild Card with 88 wins, why should they get home field against say the Rays who win 100 during the regular season? Makes no sense.

The fact the Brewers were moved just prior to interleague play, making the NL/AL numbers off still makes no sense, but that was Selig for you. Selig is retiring soon, and I would love to see some of the above happen, to me, its common sense on some of them.

I would agree with every one of these things above and add get rid of replay.

I agree on Pete Rose.

I like the inter-league play. Although I think it's a bit unfair with some teams like the Twins playing a tougher schedule "Braves, Phil's, Mets, Brewers" and others playing a way weaker schedule. I still really like it as a fan playing some different teams and kicking there butts.

Also I'm not all that worked up about the All Star voting but understand the problems with voting more than 25 times can be a problem..

I like interleague play too. I'd just change it so you followed the rules of the visiting team, that is no DH in our park, plus I'd love to watch our pitchers hit.

The rest of it, I agree completely.

I liked the idea of inter-league for about a year (was kidding about the week above) but the WS used to be really special cuz aside from the All Star game, the AL/NL teams never played one another. Say the Twins/Brewers make the WS, they play each other 6 or more times a year now, has gotten old. The year the Mets/Yankees played in the WS (2000) they weren't doing that, now they play each other 6 or more times like the Twins/Brewers.

I like interleague play too. I'd just change it so you followed the rules of the visiting team, that is no DH in our park, plus I'd love to watch our pitchers hit.

I have been saying this for a while! I would love this idea.... This way you show the OTHER game to the home crowd instead of the same old. Interleague play is a good idea I think... what if the NFC just played the NFC in the NFL or the Western Conference played just the Western Conference in the NBA...

The NFC AFC thing to me is different because I have been seeing that my whole life, so I have gotten used to it. The NL AL thing, no, I was raised watching the WS that had two teams that hadn't played each other all year and that was what made the WS special.

As far as the NBA- whats that?

I agree to all above.

I would like to see the All-Star game, just be that.

You base it all on stats. Best Fielding%, best Batting average, best ERA.

Heck you have a million sports guru's out there finding formula's for something, there must be a way to formula this too.

Does anyone remember the Hrbek/Mattingly fiasco? No way in heck Kent should have been outed by Don. Thanks to the small/big market thing. Fans have to be taken out of this loop.

Hate to bring in golf in this site, but they have a way of calculating the ryder cup points/standings and some other things too.

I agree with most but I like the interleague play. What I would like to see different is the pitchers hitting in the AL parks and the DH in the NL. We in the Al never see the pitchers hit so I think that would make it more interesting.

Rose deserves the HOF and the All-Star voting is a joke.

Instant replay comment from Big Dave, teams should get 2 flags to throw a game. There has been way too many bad calls the past few years (especially this year) that has or hasn't changed the outcome of the game. It may add 20 minutes to a game but it may be worth it for a team.

We in the Al never see the pitchers hit so I think that would make it more interesting.

Yeah pitchers striking out 4-5 times a game is great. Sorry, but pitchers hitting is about as exciting as the World Cup

1) Reduce my salary from $18 million per year (ha, yeah right)

2) Help introduce a salary cap - or at least some cost controls so small market teams have a way to keep their young talent and compete with the major market teams.

3) Bring an upcoming All Star game to Target Field as soon as possible

4) Stock the fountain in Kauffman Stadium (KC) with walleye

I think that about covers it.

i agree with all the above i like interleague though personally i would like to see something similar to the NFL or NBA also where they all play each other in a season or close to that. Pete needs to be in the hall i think bud is way way to bias about that and its sad dude gambled when he was a coach not a player he was never going to the hall as a coach

#1. FIRE commisioner for incompetence

#2. set a ZERO tolerance policy for steroid use

#3 even the paying field for small market and large market teams, that discrepancy is DESTROYING BASEBALL overall.

#4 do NOT delay on #1...

Yeah pitchers striking out 4-5 times a game is great. Sorry, but pitchers hitting is about as exciting as the World Cup

I couldn't agree more with this statement. If I were commish I would make both leagues have the same rules and it would be the american league rules. Then I could see having interleague play but not as it is with 2 sets of rules. Teams in the AL are not geared toward NL rules and vice versa.

I know the NL rules bring out some nice manager strategy but the last thing I want to see is a game where the Twins are down 2-1 in the 7th or 8th with Liriano cruising along and he is due up to bat with 2 outs and runners on 2nd and 3rd. Either you replace a guy who has a chance at completing the game and resting the bullpen or you concede the probable out and leave him in. Loose Loose situation.

How bout we lift the ban on pete rose, and build a seperate wing at the hall in coopertown. It can be called the "Hall of Shame" and thats were we can put all the Pete Roses', Barry Bonds, Mark McGuires of the world.

Also having 6 teams in the NL central and 4 teams in another division makes absolutely no sense, slide one of the teams over

#1. FIRE commisioner for incompetence

#2. set a ZERO tolerance policy for steroid use

#3 even the paying field for small market and large market teams, that discrepancy is DESTROYING BASEBALL overall.

#4 do NOT delay on #1...

We do need #3 its a joke the yanks can buy who ever they want

If I were the Commissioner

Either get rid of inter-league play or add DH to the NL / remove DH from AL. different rules for each league is dumb.

If inter-league play is continued make each team in a division play the same teams.

Add a Salary Cap

Make the draft world wide. Having to sign 14 year olds in 3rd world countries so another team doesn't beat you to it is stupid.

Shorten the schedule or add scheduled double headers. The world series should not be played in November

Put the All-Star game on a rotating schedule. No reason for a city to get it 2 or 3 times before another city gets it once.

The team with the best record gets home field advantage for the world series. (The All-Star game winning league method is dumb.)

No more manditory 1 player per team on the all-star team. Ron Coomer was not an all-star in 1999. 10-25% of the players on the rosters should not be all-stars each year.

Give the fans only 50% of the vote for allstar starters. (reporters of coaches get the other 50%) Larger cities have way too much of an advatage. Just like with real elections most people are too dumb to be trusted with voting grin

No replay of any kind. Fire bad umps if need be. The game is slow enough already.

Make new rules to speed up the game.

You don't need to tighten your batting gloves before each pitch

Pitchers don't need to circle the mound before each pitch

Do we need a pitch clock if runners aren't on base? (like NBA shot clock)

any other suggestions to speed up the game are welcomed.

Reduce the number of sponsed junk on TV and Radio broadcasts. cambria home runs, DNR brokedn bats, official water recylcing company of the twins, and so on and so on. I don't know how they have time to call the game anymore.

Make the Astros, Mariners, Rockies, Rays and Marlins update their uniforms - ugly.

Move another team or 2 to New York if we don't add a salary cap.

MOST IMPORTANTLY: Limit the price of beer at games to $5 each. $7.50 is robbery