• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Flowers from the BIG BOG up in Waskish MN

We planned on a 4 day fishing vacation to Upper Red Lake this last weekend but the wind and the weather had some other plans. On Friday the wind was blowing at 30-40 mph with gusts higher than that so boating was out of the question. So we went out on a drive to see what was around the area and discovered the BIG BOG visitors area where you can walk a mile out into the bog on an aluminum path. Some interesting flowers and things growing up there. I was using my 70-300 with a tamron 1.4 converter in search of wildlife but being the wind was so high we only saw a few geese. Only had a couple turn out nice due to the plants moving in the wind and I discovered I had my camera set to spot metering which made some pictures very light. (lesson learned) Enjoy!!

I think this is called a pitcher or picture plant??

IMG_2923.jpg

Cant remember what these are called but they grow upside down ish...

IMG_2919.jpg

Here they are both co-habitating

IMG_2936.jpg

This is a wild iris I believe

IMG_2902.jpg

IMG_2944.jpg

I believe the second shot and third are the flower to the pitcher plant. You then have a Blue Flag Iris, followed by the Ox-eye Daisy. In your second set the first few are the Yellow Lady's Slipper followed by the Pink Lady Slipper which is of course our state flower.