• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
BobT

? about onions

I've noticed that our onions are beginning to form what appear to be flowerettes or seed bulbs on the top of some of the stems. The onions themselves are still quite small as they've only been in the ground for about four weeks. Should I clip these bulbs or leave them alone?

Thanks,

Yes.....remove the seed pods.Did you use plants or sets.Onions are bi-annual.They produce seeds the second year of growth.Sounds like yours are doing that.You don't want the plants to use their energy producing seeds instead of bulbs.

The ones that are producing seeds won't keep long and should be eaten first.

Ken is right on. I would only add that fresh plants that go through a bit of a cold spell can start to act like 2 year old plants and go to seed. It seems every year a few of mine go to seed.