• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Pretty Please Gardy?????

Coach1310

Can you please flip Cuddy and Young in the lineup?? I'm a fan of Cuddy, but the numbers don't lie. Cuddy has like 50 more at bats than Delmon, but Delmon has more RBI's..... Who knows what kind of difference it will make, but it has to be worth a shot....

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm in full agreement to move Delmon up in the order. He's been electric at the plate. Nothing against Cuddy, but I think Young has the hot bat right now. It would further help his confidence and his development to move him up to #5.

why do you want them to change this. young is hot, and no reason to take him out of a spot to might change that. hes a good player, and i would stick to the lineup that you have!

One of the many reasons he won't be moved any time soon.

And concrats on your Braves team....playing some great ball right now.

Please Gardy.... bench Denard on the road or send him to the minors he's hitting .150 and Cassilla is hitting .350 on the road it makes no sense Gardy to have a .150 hitter in there instead of .350 hitter on the road. Heck Punto has a better road batting average.

We're not talking a 30 point difference as is the case in Cuddyer who is hitting .286 to Youngs .250 on the road "LOL" were talking 200 point difference.

Lets just change the line up every weak based on how us fans determine or interpret the stats.....that would make for some good continuity and team chemistry.

The lineup yesterday was a huge question mark for me. We had three players, THREE, with batting averages at .150 or below. THREE! That's one third of our lineup. That doesn't even account for Punto's .240. This is supposed to be a major league team. It looked like AA to me. If these kids are the best we've got down in Rochester, then our future looks bleak.

How the heck are the M & M boys gonna knock in any runs with Punto and Plouffe leading off?

I've never been a Gardy basher before but Jeez, come on. How about puting a major league team on the field? When oh when are Hardy and Hudson coming back????

The lineup yesterday was a huge question mark for me. We had three players, THREE, with batting averages at .150 or below. THREE! That's one third of our lineup. That doesn't even account for Punto's .240. This is supposed to be a major league team. It looked like AA to me. If these kids are the best we've got down in Rochester, then our future looks bleak.

How the heck are the M & M boys gonna knock in any runs with Punto and Plouffe leading off?

I've never been a Gardy basher before but Jeez, come on. How about puting a major league team on the field? When oh when are Hardy and Hudson coming back????

You've got to give players like Span a day off once in a while. Add to that fact the spate of injuries that have hit the infield, and yesterday's lineup is what you get. It's not Gardenhire's fault, it's the front office's fault for its inability to consistently spot top-level talent in infield prospects. The cupboard is pretty much bare in the minors, and looks to stay that way for a while - especially if they continue to draft like they did this year (using half of their total picks on pitchers).

Can you please flip Cuddy and Young in the lineup?? I'm a fan of Cuddy, but the numbers don't lie. Cuddy has like 50 more at bats than Delmon, but Delmon has more RBI's..... Who knows what kind of difference it will make, but it has to be worth a shot....

I wish they had traded Cuddyer when they could have got something of value for him. He had one nice year, and that was it. He has BY FAR the most AB with runners in scoring position - 14 more than Morneau, who is 2nd - and is batting barely over .200 in those key situations. He's the easiest guy on the team for a RHP to attack.

In contrast, Delmon Young is hitting OVER 100 POINTS HIGHER than Cuddyer with RISP. This move should be a no-brainer.

Unfortunately, like Punto, Cuddyer must have incriminating photos of Gardenhire, so nothing will happen.

Add that to the Twins' rotation of Liriano + four #4 or #5 starters, and it looks like a first round playoff exit yet again.

*sigh*

It would be pretty hard to play Casilla since he had surgery awhile back and is on the DL. It's too bad because he's a much better ball player than people give him credit for and with with Hardy and Hudson hurt would be a much better option than Tolbert and Plouffe. The infield would be a real disaster if we had got rid of Punto like some on here want to.

I wish they had traded Cuddyer when they could have got something of value for him. He had one nice year, and that was it. He has BY FAR the most AB with runners in scoring position - 14 more than Morneau, who is 2nd - and is batting barely over .200 in those key situations. He's the easiest guy on the team for a RHP to attack.

In contrast, Delmon Young is hitting OVER 100 POINTS HIGHER than Cuddyer with RISP. This move should be a no-brainer.

Unfortunately, like Punto, Cuddyer must have incriminating photos of Gardenhire, so nothing will happen.

Great Post

DOWN AND AWAY

Please Gardy.... bench Denard on the road or send him to the minors he's hitting .150 and Cassilla is hitting .350 on the road it makes no sense Gardy to have a .150 hitter in there instead of .350 hitter on the road. Heck Punto has a better road batting average.

We're not talking a 30 point difference as is the case in Cuddyer who is hitting .286 to Youngs .250 on the road "LOL" were talking 200 point difference.

Lets just change the line up every weak based on how us fans determine or interpret the stats.....that would make for some good continuity and team chemistry.

So cuddy should get the guarenteed 5 spot in the order forever? Kind of like past Daytona winners get entry into the race?

I know, it probably hurts u to see Cuddy back to his (usual other than 1/2 of a season in his career) form. But, hey, lots of managers make moves too late.... and if we lose the division by 1 or 2 games it could be because Gardy was hesitant to make the RIGHT move.

Delmon definitely deserves to be moved up in the lineup. Cuddy just hasn't been getting it done, so make the move already!

How about Punto at leadoff yesterday? Did Gardy think that moving him from the 9-spot to leadoff would inspire Punto and pull him out of that .240 career batting average?

Let's just concede you all are better managers and understand baseball than Gardy and let it rest. I mean you are posting on the best Fishing forum in the country, all be it a sub "baseball" forum. grin

I don't even know where to begin on this thread my good-ness even Donbo has lost his mind for a bit. grin

Must be all rain and lack of fishing recently... grin

It's not a little legue play-off game its a 162 game MLB season...Good Grief guys.

Can you please flip Cuddy and Young in the lineup??

Just to back up a bit here.... I don't think it's outrages or anything to want to move him up as hot as he's been and he may still move up in time. It's the way you posted the exact terms and why I believe it won't happen that way.

Here are some of the reasons why IMO Gardenhire hasn't and probably won't flip the two.

It's a team game chemistry, confidence, and consistency are huge for one. Generally speaking when someone is going good as Delmon is you won't or don't want to change much at all particularly a younger up and coming player like Delmon.. Plus having someone hitting as good as Delmon is in the 6th or 7th hole is a huge boost to the team. And as much as Delmon's eye and patience at the plate have improved from last year when he only walked a major league leading low 12 times for the entire season he still this season has a worse on base percentage then every player who bats ahead of him except Kubel. So from a math and common sense stand point it just makes sense although a few of you may not grasp that or the team concept.

Also I think the proposed move would hurt Cuddyer's confidence which would in turn effect the TEAM...

Same concept with Span, Kubel who some of you wanted benched in favor of a washed up 40 year old .230 hitter or Span who is struggling mightily or Morneau the last 2 years slumping down the stretch.

Along with the team concept I'll throw in the words RESPECT and Loyalty which all lead back to the TEAM first mentality that the Twins and successful teams are known for....

Baseball is a tough game and there will always be someone to pick on and gripe about.... grin

Quote:
So cuddy should get the guarenteed 5 spot in the order forever?

no .. where did I ever say that?

Even though he was the best player in American League down the stretch last year "AL player of week and MONTH" and carried us to the play-off's on his back, finished 22nd in the American League in the MVP voting along with 30 BOMBS and 90 RBI's and hitting close to .400 in play-offs.... grin

No he's not guaranteed the 5th spot.

It's not about Michael Cuddyer and your hatred for him it's about the Minnesota Twins my friend!

no .. where did I ever say that?

Even though he was the best player in American League down the stretch last year "AL player of week and MONTH" and carried us to the play-off's on his back, finished 22nd in the American League in the MVP voting along with 30 BOMBS and 90 RBI's and hitting close to .400 in play-offs.... grin

No he's not guaranteed the 5th spot.

It's not about Michael Cuddyer and your hatred for him it's about the Minnesota Twins my friend!

I dont hate Cuddy. I wish him the best wherever he goes next year.

isnt 90 RBIs kind low for someone batting behind the MVP?

Nothing about the Twins lineup should ever be permanent. I guess Mauer batting 3rd is about as permanent as we will get.

Because the change is temporary, I don't see how this is going to hurt Delmon's confidence or shake up his current mental state. Should give him a shot in the arm that the Twins are pumped about his progress. I'm sure he's as tired as anyone about hearing how we lost Garza & Bartlett for lowly Young and Harris.

On the flip side, Cuddyer should have plenty of self confidence. He's one of the veteran leaders of the team and should understand that lineups are dynamic. It doesn't mean that Delmon should be #5 forever either. Maybe we try it for a couple of weeks and go back if need be.

We love being armchair managers. It's an internet forum and it's fun.