• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

bear guns??

Remmington makes a 220 grain round for the 30-06 that I have found to be outstanding. I place my bait near the middle of a blowdown or make a "fence" of sorts with logs and branches to force the bear to walk broadside to me as it approaches my bait. I place my shot right behind the shoulder and none of the 9 bears I have killed have made it 25 yards. Most are down in less than 10.

For a handgun as back up while baiting and bow hunting I carry a Ruger .480 I also carry it while im out west in grizzly country, I load it with 325 grain barnes expanders haven't had to shoot one with it yet but have taken deer and coons with it and it makes a mess.

I have taken bear with a bow,rifle and a 44mag. 44 did the job but my next weapon is my Mossberg 535 tactical turkey gun I just picked up. I have shot bear with the muzzleloader but for some reason there was no exit wound and I could not find it so I am a little shy about using it again. After I get one with the shotgun I may try with the Muzzleloader. My preferred choice is Bow because it is nice to hear the death moan and not be deaf for it.