• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

WI Musky Fishing

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crappy phone pics. My dang camera dies on me when trying to take self pics of 45.5".

I am still shaking my head about that Muskie. It's almost unrealistic for me. I got to the spot after long cold boat ride. I don't really ever use suckers before so this is new for me.

5 tries to grab the sucker, didn't know they are that lively! Struggling to put rigs on slimy sucker. Put it in water, set up the depth of sucker. I have what I called" Deaf's clicker" I tie 2 pieces of chartueses yarn on line so I can detect if line is moving.

After tie up the yarns and setting the depth I clean inside my boat gettin my net ready and my dog water bowl put away. As I look up I saw yarn move then stop. Then move again tip it's get stuck on guide.. "ummm sucker must be that lively" but the line kept going and going. And it hit my head " IT'S NOT SUCKER IT'S MUSKIE!!!!" pick up my rod, reel in slack, felt weight, set the hook as hard I could. After several of major headshakes and 2 tries on net finally scooped her up. Measured it 45.5" my new pb! tried to take self pics, camera no work, ah great use my phone. After She swam away strong.I was like wow.... 2-3 minute onto the spot!!!

Approx 2 hours later, I was working suick down the breakline. The 34" smash on the pause. Scoop her up. Pictures. Release. Realized it's my first multi fish day ever!!!

Wisc def will see more of me in future!!!

Well Saturday was out for a few hours before it got too wet, had one follow and one fish on briefly, but it was coming towards the boat and I never got a good hookset.

Today had a black cat cross us on the way to the lake. Normally I'm not superstitious but it got me today. 45 minutes into the trip had a 26" pike end the fishing trip:

full-19978-2520-img_2600.jpg