• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Canada/ DUI?

Ret-ro

Can anyone help with info or link to previous posts rearding the requirements for entering Ontario with a DUI on your record?
I have a friend that needs to take care of it by June.

Thanks in advance

------------------
Ret-ro!! :)

I don't know of any links but you will want to call the Immigration office in Thunder Bay and talk to an Immigration Officer. When I was in college and bartending I got stung serving a minor, the case here was dismissed and it never went on my permanant record but I have had trouble crossing the border because of it. I have never been denied access but I always have to go talk to the Immigration Officer at the border and explain what happened. Its no big deal just another hour on top of an already long drive, I would make sure he has all his ducks in a row, it would be horrible to have to turn around!

Search the web for Canada Tourism, they have the info there, I needed to go to Toronto for a seminar in Jan and got the info needed. I believe that if it is older than 12 years there will be no problem, mine was 20 years old and didn't have to worry. But check the HSOforum, Canadian Embassy in St. Paul was no help.

[This message has been edited by danny berg (edited 04-02-2003).]

I got a DWI in 1998 in Iowa while i was in college and Ive been to Canada 3 times since then. The first time was aboout 2 years after the ticket. They have taken my licence and ran it through their system every time and never said a word to me about it. I've been told that if your drivers licence is currently suspened due to a DWI they wont let you in.

I am ashamed to say that I had one in 1993 and a second in 1996. I was just in Canada this last June. All they did at the border was ask what my business was in Canada and ran my license. They didn't hassle me at all.

James

Not putting down this site but (walleye central)has a long list Q&A under the canada thread.good luck and this has every thing you should need.hope I don't get anybody upset.just trying to help a fellow angler
go under message board then canada eh. good luck
jimBo

[This message has been edited by scubajpd (edited 04-03-2003).]