• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fishing buddy

I'm sure you're all going to think this is a very strange request, but here goes. I'm looking for a fishing partner. My current buddy is pulled in too many directions in the summer and I find myself on my own. He has assured me there are plenty of people out there (men and women) who would enjoy fishing with a woman. I'm not very good at rigging my rod or baiting my hook but do ok with the rest. I'm looking for someone more experienced that I can learn from. If you're willing to give a woman a try (at fishing boys!) let me know.

Location? Hmmm, anywhere there is water and fish. Preferably twin cities area or within a reasonable distance. Trust me, I'm not picky.

What is the L.E.T.S competitions?
With good fishing tips come good investment tips. Such as, buy low, sell high! Good enough Mark?

Yep. LOL! If you go to the tournament forum, there are threads that have to do with a series of tournaments that this site holds during the summer that are an absolute riot. The contestants consist of all levels of anglers, from serious competition anglers all the way down to the couldn't-catch-a-fish-if-a-scuba-diver-put-'em-on-the-hook type of guys. It's a great time and you learn an awful lot, fishing some of Minnesota's most productive and scenic lakes.

This is the metro LETS link
http://fishingminnesota.com/ubb/Forum40/HTML/000140.html
There is also a roster thread, and a partner thread, I think. It's all about fun.
There's also lots of open group get togethers as the season progresses.

Heck, initiate one.

------------------
Aquaman
< )/////><{
"I think we're gonna need a bigger boat."

So what is your name? I too live in the Twin Cities and you could come with me anytime. I usually fish alone because my friends always say they are going to come and then at the last minute give me the old, something came up. Anyways I fish for BASS mainly, so if you wanna fish for them drop me a line.

Good Luck smile.gif

Chev

April Fool's Day has nothing to do with my request. It's simply a matter of looking forward to the summer and hopefully getting to do some decent fishing. And, HONEY, if you treat this as a joke, you're simply the one losing out! j/k

Chev, thanks for the invitation. Here's my brief story. My name is Lisa and I'm 35 and single. I have no boat and no place to store one if I did have one. My parents have a lake home by Brainerd that has NO fish and I'm tired of 2" sunnies being the BIG catch! Most of my friends are male but unfortunately their wives/girlfriends no longer allow them to hang out with me (guess I'm a threat). My female friends don't get into fishing so I find myself dependent on others for fishing. My regular buddy does fly fishing in the summer (and I don't) so I don't get out much in summer. I'd like to meet other anglers that I could hook up with and enjoy the area lakes. Bass is fine with me. Anything is better than a 2" sunny! My preference would be Walleyes or Northerns though. Let's chat some, what is your email address? Thanks.

[This message has been edited by johnny (edited 04-02-2003).]

how long do you want to go for????....I always fish alone and will be going up near ely for the opener for 2 weeks....always happy to have a partner... smile.gif....always get alot of walleyes......there are also 20 lb northerns in the lake i fish....if you're [email protected]

[This message has been edited by walleyekiller (edited 04-02-2003).]

Johny,

I am always looking for new fishing buddies myself. I am 45 and recently divorced so I plan on being on the water every weekend this summer. I live in the S.W. suburbs and fish local lakes, Minnetonka, Waconia and do a lot of river fishing on the St. Croix. My email address is [email protected] if you are interested in hooking up. Get it?

Johnnny; Your getting a lot of offers, from these fishermen, a lot can be learned from these guys, I fish a lot in western Wis. Amery & Siren area have a camper there, fish for Musky , Crappie, or what ever is bitting, also Red lake have a place to stay there also, not far to lake of the woods from there, Fish Walleyes in S Dakota & N Dakota have a house in N Dakota not far from Devils lake, allways looking for someone to go along, It's always nice to show someone a few things or learn a few things my self, If interested let me know. It's always nice to see women enjoy the outdoors. GAR

Hey Gar,

Great to hear from you. What's your email address?

Yes, I've gotten a few very nice guys willing to put up with a female fishing buddy. Gosh, maybe I will get some good fishing in this summer.

All you guys here are great! I guess you can never have too many fishing friends huh?

Hey Aquaman,

"I think we're gonna need a bigger boat"...

I'm thinkin..
NOT a good statement at THIS time...ay? grin.gif

"LUND-MAN"

------------------
"Leave NO Trace"

...well...probably not I'd say. With the "Johnny Charter" thing...sorry grin.gif

My wife goes fishin and huntin whenever & wherever with this outdoorsman! grin.gif

She bowhunts, waterfowl hunts, pheasant hunts, gobbler hunts, fly-fishes, and lake fishes with this VERY HAPPILY MARRIED outdoorsman for SURE grin.gif!!

Keep hangin in there tho..you'll find one sooner or later grin.gif

"LUND-MAN"

------------------
"Leave NO Trace"

Cool!! I love the idea of the Johnny Charter! So tell me, who's going to take the initiative to set this thing up? Just think of lil ole me in the company of ALL that expertise! Some of it's bound to rub off! Happy fishin boys!!!

Geeez this topic really picked up when the word "lisa" was mentioned!!! LOL ohh well its always fun to teach new people how to fish..