• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2010 Summer Open Water Reports and Rambling

Todd and I fished the "O" Dog last night and Thunder made em pay hard laugh Todd was one man wrecking crew on his Thunderstick ladder back in blue. If it wasn't for lone smallie and one walleye. I was there as crew and a s a spectator but Todd wasgetting blown up big time. He caught well into the high teens good quality walleyes. Hatch was on and the fish were active in upwards of 18' of water and within 6" of the surface cool We were fishing in the middle of some heavy buckeye schools and the walleyes were just below. We both missed quite a few fish as well but the action was just below the surface and having the area all to ourselves was nice. Good fishing with ya Todd.. grin

Size of bait and trying to match it..

fridaynight004.jpg

Here are quite a few of Todds eyes (all fish released)

fridaynight003.jpg

fridaynight005.jpg

fridaynight007.jpg

fridaynight009.jpg

fridaynight011.jpg

My only two fish whistle

fridaynight008g.jpg

Smithwick Rattlin Roque (clown)

fridaynight010.jpg

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Tim for the nice pics and being a spectator whistle. I think playing with your soft balls laughlaugh and rifleing through all of your lures makes you lose your concentration.Like DC says presentation is more important than immatation we need to get you one of those max raps maybe that will work better for you good fishing with ya Timmy it is fun busting your balls wink.

Nice Job Todd!!! grin Timmy, you get a D- cry

Next time you are only allowed one rod and 4 baits. I guarantee you will catch more fish...

We went down to camp yesterday, fished on the way down and for a while this morning before heading home. The eyes were real slow! I picked up 2 yesterday and Tank got 2 today. Never saw the water this low and warm in May. crazy

We did have a field day with the shad though. Caught about 15 in short order this morning...

006hb.jpg

008yy.jpg

010ag.jpg

There was guy and his son down below us fishing from a canoe. They wern't doing much so they asked us what we were using. When we were getting ready to leave I had him come over so I could give him some jigs that we were useing. As they were by us Tank hooked another one and we gave the rod to the the kid. grin

011rz.jpg

013ajx.jpg

Spent the day yesterday at a friends cottage down in PA. Had a nice cookout with about 15 people. Perfect weather, great people, and food. Played aroud on the kayaks and caught a bunch of fish also. Gills, sunnys, SM bass, perch, rock bass, LM bass...

005unpj.jpg

I got stuck with the rainbow kayak, I didnt mind though as it was the most stable for fishing...

013vqs.jpg

Hey guys some nice fish there. Glad to see that someone is getting out and having some fun. Only been out a few times this spring which is pretty depressing. Going out in the am to see if we can grab an eye or two from the Big O. Last week was the first time I have been walleye fishing this spring and we did well so hoping for a repeat performance.

Everyone in our "little group" did well this morning. Lots of eyes but virtually all in the 16" to 17" range but, nevertheless, some nice fish. Blade baits were the ticket and outfished jigs by at least 5 to 1. What little wind there was disappeared and so did the waldos.

Made it back out for codfish this past Sunday

My sister and my high school buddy also went.

Here's my sister with one of the 2 she caught. not bad for never fishing much and never fishing in the ocean.

DSC08194.jpg

My buddy got on board to quickly with a few nice ones including this one.

DSC08192.jpg

I was a bit slower but made up for it in quality including one in the high 20's and this that tipped the scale at 46lbs.

DSC08200.jpg

Coming back in we hit some nasty weather heavy rain and even some hail.

DSC08206.jpg

All in all it was an aweseme trip My sister had 2 total and my buddy and I had 11 total between the 2 of us.

Guys leaving for Vegas tonight have a great weekend. Will check in after I get back from the 25th Annual Junior Olympic Softball Classic, Saturday and Sunday I'll be working 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. on the fields and then it's party time..

Yes their is a story but it does not incorporate anything that has to do with fishing sleep Sooooooo in the interest of keeping this thread on track I will unfortunately not be able to share my adventure with you on this board.

I mean really this is a fishing site... One can't talk about bars like Gillies, bikinis and mechanical bulls that would be just to unethical for me to get into detail about. wink This is a family site for Pete's sake whistlelaughlaughlaugh

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

Tim, Tim, Tim, what are we ever going to do with you...taking this thread off topic like this laughcool

Had to get out for cod again 6/13/10 not a bad day 2 of us ended up landing 11 keepers a few shorts and dropped around 6 fish it ended up being 5 full gallons of tasty cod fillets crazy . We were in a fog all day smile

Boy was it a parking lot out there smile

DSC08208.jpg

My buddy with a couple of nice ones.

DSC08209.jpg

Got the biggon for the day somewhere in the mid to upper 20's.

DSC08213.jpg

Nice job FishK, you seem to be really hooked on the salt...

Tank and I took the kayaks down to camp yesterday and had a real nice day! We floated a big section and caught some fish. cool They wern't jumping in the kayaks but we boated about 15 eyes, and about 8 smallies n 10 chubs.

Started early in the fog...

001otr.jpg

Tanks first time in a kayak. No worries...

002cvy.jpg

and it didnt take long...

005csv.jpg

007de.jpg

most were 16-17 inchers but we did have 4 between 18 and 20...

013rt.jpg

One of the nice smallmouths...

010rm.jpg

A few groups of canoes and kayaks came by us but mostly all we saw was this...

014kkg.jpg

Nice job on the fish guys cool I havent been out much at all I have been busy around the house lawn mowing trying to get the pool straightened around with chemicals more lawn mowing work.It seems like every time I turn around there is more to do I will get out to relax sooner or later keep the pics coming.

DC, those kayaks look like alot of fun wink.

THunder - If you have any questions with the pool, give me a shout. Thats my biggest responsibility at work, the 140thousand gallon pool that about 300 people a day use. crazy

Got a package in the mail today and opening it was like x-mas morning! A shiny new(to me) Showdown cool

Had to test it out so I dragged a kayak up to the neighbors pond along with my panfish sweetheart and a calftail jig. grin

Caught a dozen gills quickly and had a ball!

The Showdown worked great. Super easy to use, real sensitive, and plain fun...

040pm.jpg

042tn.jpg

More videos at HSOshow.com™

Todd I know what you mean it was nice just getting a rain out call last night, off tonight too shocked

Jay nice video

A swing and a miss, thought I was the only one. wink I think a Kayak would definitely slow down my hookset some especially if I don't want to roll the darn thing. Then again probably not laugh

I get the video at work but not your pics? I get Fishking's pics but not yours confused

Yesterday Beth and I headed up to Lee's for a little cookout. We had a very nice and relaxing time hanging out with his family, Kyle, and his much better half! Thanks Lee and Julie... cool

Today Lee was fishing the eye tourney on Oneida. Ofcourse he had some nice pods of fish scouted out...

It was great having you guys here, I only wish I had more time to hang out and shoot the [PoorWordUsage]. I was busy grilling and all the other host duties and then had to leave for the rules meeting for a little bit.

We ended up in 7th out of 30 boats, it was the toughest bite all year and was only one good fish away from it but we had a great time.

Kirk - 329 for the green sit in one, 475 for the orange sit on top. I shopped around and ended up getting them at Richards Sporting Goods. They were willing to deal and I saved a little over a hundred bucks driving to the scranton store. Gander stunk to deal with and the one local non chain store wasnt much better. You may have more options around the Cuse area. Plus stores will be looking to empty out summer stuff...

TimmyToe - I saw on ESPN today, they had out the NFL rainkings.... they started with the bottom of the barrell... Your BrownStains were 29th out of 32... whistlegrin

Finally got out fishing for the first time since the last cod trip in mid June (well except for fishing in streams at work with electricity smile ) Somehow I got convinced to go Salmon fishing on Ontario. Usually the salmon fishing is good this time of year as it was for little ones (under 20lbs) so the charter guys went scouting for bigger fish. We didn't find any and only marked 4 fish that were most likely kings. After that failed they decided to go for the sure thing Brown Trout. We put in 5 hours on the kings and 2 hours on the browns. All our fish came in those 2 last hours of the trip 9:30am-11:30am which resulted in 9 keeper browns kept 8, a keeper laker (released) and 4 dink lakers. It was a fun trip anyways and hopefully the kings and cohos cooperate in early September when our next trip is booked smile

Biggest was 8-9lbs smallest was 4lbs Pics are of the biggest ones smile

DSC08219.jpg

DSC08217.jpg

I could hardly hold this football up for a picture shocked haha stupid dink lakers

DSC08218.jpg

Dc- whatd the new kayak run? and where'd you pick it up?

Chris, Momma and I were looking into them and One of my buddies says the Moutain Man in old forge has the best prices and selection. They sell mostly mid to high end stuff up there tho.