• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What fish makes you smile? :)

guideman

Hi All,
I know that most of you are into muti species angling, but I know you must have your favorite. smile.gif
Mine has to be Muskies, every day off
I get during the season, is spent in hot persuit of the mighty giants.

I love fishing smallies especially on top, I enjoy catching and eating some nice walleyes and Pike really are a
great fish.

However, nothing affects me like the excitment of watching a muskie moving on my bait. They jump, they do head
shaking topwater dances and they pull
like a truck.
Muskies, Make Me Smile! smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

------------------

Terry "Ace" Sjoberg
Ace guide service.
aceguideservice.com
218-753-2612
[email protected]

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Smallies for me.

They just always have the right attitude...Smack it hard! I've had fingerlings chase my spinnerbaits that are twice their size. Yet they still are going after it. Of course trout are also fun at times, the elusiveness is a fun thing to deal with.

jpz

I don't know if I can answer this question with just one fish. Every fish I catch makes me smile. Bass are my favorite of course (they probably make me smile the biggest grin.gif), but any fish that fights hard or gives me a challenge to catch, or is something different that I have never caught before all makes me smile.

------------------
Adam Johnson
www.adamjohnsonfishing.com

I fished for Musky for the first time last September and I am now addicted. Even the little ones hit with such energy that it is amazing. How can they be that much stronger than a Northern?
A walleye will also put a smile on my face, because no other fish has taken so many of my fishing hours for so little success. Every one that I catch in open water is a rare occasion for me.

any walleye over 30 inches!!!!!!!!.......also musky.....but if you run into a school of slab crappies.....that's also a blast...

Any fish in open water would make me smile right now....definetly , a fish a kid catches, is good...muskies by far give the best show, and fight the best,but sturgeon are really something to hang onto....nice big walleye that a client catches is worth a good grin ....good luck, and may springcome back soon!!

------------------
garysguideservice
garytheguide.com
[email protected]
Phone: 218-744-3158

I would say Big Bull sunfish I'm talking in that elusive size of 3 quarter to 1 lb size. A far second would be huge crappies. I fish walleyes pretty religously but the fight a big bluegill on ultralight equipment gives you is something to behold.

Tough choice, but steelhead get the nod, with kings second. I'm going to try to get into muskies thie summer, so ask this question again in a year, we'll see how muskies stack up to the salmonoids.

When I go Musky fishing with someone who has never caught a big fish. I smile when I am taking the picture because of the look on there face when they really don't know if they want to hold it!

------------------
"A trophy is in the eye of the beholder"

My favorite would have to be any type of trout on a dry fly, in beautiful Montana. Second would have to be heart punding muskie action, can't wait until the ice melts and July, when I take my flyfishing trip to Montana.

Fisherdog

That's a tough one. In the spring, I really enjoy drift trolling a lindy rig of some sort for those BWCA walleyes. Quiet and peaceful. 10 minutes from the lake to my belly and a great view off the campsite.

But the Big V's muskies will put a shake in your knees and a huge smile. smile.gif Now, just visualizing a muskie crushing a Jackpot, or exploding out of the water after a topwater...I'm smiling now! smile.gif Can't wait! smile.gif