• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Cuddyer on a tear!

SledNeck

Numbers MAY look the same, but when you figure in Plate appearances/AB

PA AB HR RBI runners on base when batting

Delmon 198 179 7 35 156

Cuddy 246 221 7 30 212

**Cuddy has had a TON of opportunities to drive in runs... I'm not saying you bench him, but moving Delmon to the 5 and sending Cuddy down to 7 is a minor change that could pay BIG dividends. Remember we traded a #1 starter for this guy and his upside is supposed to be big... we might as well let him start becoming the star we think he should be. I like Cuddy, but right now he isn't getting it done and the numbers seem pretty obvious to me

well, you saved me a post

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's with Cuddy misplaying the caroms off the wall lately? I know the ballpark is new and the outcropping limestone is tricky but c'mon. If the ball is over your head, hold up and play the carom. DeJesus played it like it was his home ballpark last night. I bet Cuddy gets some practice out there this afternoon.

"Maybe Delmon has a few more RBI because Cuddy is in front of him and moves runners into scoring position."

if you compare their averages with runners on base and runners in scoring position, you'll then see that the above statement isn't the case. I don't know if flip flopping these two in the batting lineup would help the team or not but wouldn't complain if they tried it. maybe cuddy and punto need to have one of their infamous discussions on the bus and suggest this to gardy and while they are at it suggest to gardy that punto may be best served as a utility guy and to go get a different full time 3b.

Gardy is one of the best and he won't make that move. Yes I understand the 3 of you's embarrassment from last year regarding Cuddy who finished 22nd in the American League in the MVP voting and frankly, down the stretch at the most important time, was more key to us getting to the play-offs than Mauer was.

Anyway haters aside.....

I think Delmon's in good spot with a lot of good, patient hitters in front of him and Gardy knows he's comfortable batting where he is in his semi part time role.

We did bump him "del" up in the line-up last year in the playoffs and Gardy along with the rest of saw how that went "1-13" and 0-9 with runners on.

Also Cudderys well hit average is better than Youngs!

Let me know if theres anything else I can help with..HATERS!

That was the most entertaining loss of the year last night, if that makes any sense. Lots of fight in this team, and that is great to see. Cuddy smacked it hard at the end. Kind of hard to come down on him when so many other guys botched it for us early. Why no digs on Span for base running errors, Punto for regular errors, or Baker for lousy pitching? It's baseball--it has ups and downs. I for one think everyone has a bad night from time to time and Cuddy does far more good than not. It's deflating to see a great rally fall short, but it was a terrific effort and I applaud this team for not giving up when it was 8 to 1! What a comeback!

Anyway haters aside.....

I think Delmon's in good spot with a lot of good, patient hitters in front of him and Gardy knows he's comfortable batting where he is in his semi part time role.

We did bump him "del" up in the line-up last year in the playoffs and Gardy along with the rest of saw how that went "1-13" and 0-9 with runners on.

What is the definition of "well hit average"? Not saying I disagree with you on that particular stat but just don't know what that means. Can you post a link to those averages?

Cuddy has 1 better than good half of baseball in his career and finishes in the top 100 in voting and now he's above being moved in the line-up, and we should all be eating crow? If he was to be moved in the line-up it wouldn't be knee jerk, many other managers shuffle their line ups successfully all the time, Many players benefit from such moves.

Many other managers shuffle their line ups successfully all the time, Many players benefit from such moves.

While I am not in the boat to panic with Cuddyer yet, I completely agree with this principal. A few years back when we still had Jason Bartlett, we has a struggling hitter in the number...8 hole I believe. Be it through injury or hunch, he was moved to the #2 spot, and I think that alone catapulted him over the edge. He went on a hitting tear and never really turned back that year. Is this the answer for Cuddy? I am not convinced yet. Last time I checked, we are 4.5 games in first, so I think we are doing something right!

Cuddy has 1 better than good half of baseball in his career and finishes in the top 100 in voting and now he's above being moved in the line-up, and we should all be eating crow? If he was to be moved in the line-up it wouldn't be knee jerk, many other managers shuffle their line ups successfully all the time, Many players benefit from such moves.

Are you referring to last year's 2nd half of the season?

Cuddy thread....He did ANOTHER great job last night. Played a perfect carom off the wall, and a throw-out at second. He had 1 hit and a line drive that the right fielder made a great catch on ,against the wall, against one of the premier right handers in baseball............just another typical day at the ballpark for CUDDY.

One last thing.

For the millionth time.

Professional managers don't make Knee-jerk panic decisions based on short term samplings.

Last time I checked Pier, we weren't suggesting you bench Cuddy or designate him from assignment because of an error or an O-fer. We are merely suggesting shuffling the lineup a little. I'm not a Cuddy "hater". I think he is great for the team, but I just think a little shuffle might be good for the Twins. And as far as him being 22nd in the MVP voting last year... well Grienke was the Cy Young and he has 8 losses already this year, but then again I suppose he deserves to start the All Star game instead of who knows who because we wouldn't want to make a knee jerk reaction. Young does have a better career avg. than Cuddy... he is a career .270 hitter and I think we have seen enough of him to know it won't stray very far from that going forward. I suppose we shouldn't mention it, but I'm not sure we annoint Cuddy the answer after he finally was healthy for a whole season last year and say he is absolutely slotted in the spot because of his track record????

They are playing pretty well with the hodge podge lineup they have been forced into lately and either way a guy like Young or Cuddy in the 7 hole is a heck of a lot better than a Denny Hocking or Luis Rodriguez or a Brian Buchannan, so I gues we have that going for us

Anyway haters aside.....

still waiting to hear back on the definition and link for "well hit average".

I have a feeling this thread will turn around just as the Delmon post did prior to and then starting the season... Lots of haters in March but boy did that ship turn in April!

Cuddyer will get on a tear and everyone will once again love him as much as they did last fall when he carried the team into the playoffs! Yes, right now Delmon is swinging the hot bat and Cuddyer is struggling to get that big hit even once in a while. BUT it is a long season and Cuddy will pick it up!

The team is still in 1st place and playing well (other than that one horrible game a few days ago!) This team hasn't even hit there full potential... It seems like every day about 4 or 5 players have good days, but when we get 7 or 8 guys playing well and we have Hardy and Hudson playing full time again, this team will be DANGEROUS!!!!! (Like we aren't already a pretty dangerous team!)

Franky is pitching lights out! Baker is having good outings. No one has any complaints or worries about the job Rausch has done so far! The pitching has been there most nights... and our hitting will only get more dangerous!

If it takes up till the end of September into October to get there that seems like about an ideal time to me!

Cuddy has been hitting the ball hard a LOT....just at people so far.....you stay with your people, when they are smoking the ball hard. When you are" hot", they fall in, when you are NOT hot, they are AT people. Young has been on a "hot" streak lately.....which is great....love to see him playing better than A BALL quality this year. Good for the team!!!!!!!!BUT since this is a CUDDY thread.....the Young lovers should put their comments in the Young thread.....PLEASE! Baseball is a team game, should NOT be one player against another, as some of the comments seem to be. When I look at the individual player stats, I am AMAZED the team is doing well....AMAZED.

Delmon is carrying the team, cuddy is still

killing rallies

I would love to see Delmon play a different position. Wait, maybe he could field a groundball better at 2nd than he can a fly ball in the OF. I don't think I would want to even see that being attempted though. Would be very very ugly if he ever got moved anywhere else. His bats coming around, yes, but he still looks like an imbecile fumbling with a Rubiks Cube out in the OF- absolutely clueless. More to life Sled than a guy that hits a HR every once in awhile. Cuddyer can play 7 positions, and that means more to this team than anything. Oh, and BTW- he hit 32 homers last year, I still don't think Delmon can do that in a season.