• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Help wit hlearning fishfinders... and a battery ???

Walleye_GFA

I've got a Lowrence X-71 with spped, and temp.

Would anyone ahve an idea on any books or cd's that help teach a guy the "fine points" of fishfinders ??? I can use it for the basics (turn on find a fish)... but I dont know enough to be able to use the manual settings to see what I want to see as opposed to what the finder wants me to see.

BATTERY ????

I have 50lb Minnkota 12 volt. I want to run with two batteries at 12 volts (longer run time)... can I put them inline 1ith pos to pos and neg to neg (keeping 12 volts rather than 24) or do I have to keep changing batteries ??

W_GFA

I rigged my bow mount to run off of 2 batteries a few years back and I'm glad I did. You will get twice the running time by doing so. Something to keep in mind, if at all feasable, to keep your batteries as close to your trolling motor as possible. The shorter the power cable from the batteries to the motor, the better the current flow and less loss of juice.
Good luck

------------------
>"////=<
Gull Guide Service
fishingminnesota.com/gullguide
Brainerd-Mille Lacs-Willmar
Bemidji-Ottertail

Go and get yourself a Marinco trolling motor plug if your boat does not have one already. With one of these you just run the wires from the batt's to the female mount attached to the boat. then you just attach the ground wire to the male plug and the positive to either the 12 or 24v hole in the male plug. The female part of the plug does all of the connecting of the batt's. You can plug either a 12v or a 24v motor into it and it will work properly for either one. and for charging you can just put one of their male ends on your charger and plug it in, it will charge one or two batt's without regard as to whether you have a 12v or 24v system. grin.gif

Sure .. now you ask.

I can help you out some next time I'm around. As for actual publications or videos, that type of thing ... I'm sure they exist, but wouldnt know where to get them. Your owners manual should help you out some. I would try to find Lowrance online and see what they can do to help.

BOOKS AND MANUALS WILL BE OF HELP, YOU CAN
DOWNLOAD THESE OFF THE LOWARANCE SITE...NOTHING WILL BRING YOU UP TO SPEED QUICKER THAN HANDS ON EXPERIENCE AND SEEING A UNIT FUNCTION...IF YOU GET TO THE GRAND RAPIDS AREA OR WINNIE I'D BE HAPPY TO SHOW YOU WHAT THE UNIT WILL DO!