• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New season.

Deemo

What do you do when you first get on the open water? I pretty much work slow. The water is cold and the fish are neutral. Not very active but if u hit em in the face they will take it. Tactics I use are pretty much lindy's and jigs. I also fish shallow like 15ft. or less.
I also fish smaller lakes because for me they produce better in the spring.
What do you do?

I've noticed that the smaller ponds and lakes will start producing crappies and gills from shore about a week after ice-out. This is usually where I start; untill I have the boat ready to go onto larger ones.

the first thing i do is pop open an ice cold brewski....isn't that what all good walleye fisherman do?.....if not....they're missing the boat!!....if they drink too much they might literally miss the boat....but.....i never thought there was any such thing as drnking too many beers....