• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Tell me I'm not the only one....

Aquaman01

My new rule at least in a boat, is "if the line's in the water - the rod's in your hands" and on shore I'll accept a locking-loop rod holder. No more root-holes, steering wheels, forked sticks or boat rails for me. Just not worth it.

------------------
Aquaman
< )/////><{
"I think we're gonna need a bigger boat."

A couple years ago me and a rookie went to Basswood to Walleye fish. About noon went out to the middle of the bay for water. Told the guy to lean to his left when I brought up the water jug. Well I should have told him to quit leaning as I brought up the jug!
Needless to say we flipped the canoe and everything in it was gone but the anchor , tied off, the water jug, 1 of 3 rods, leech lockers and my maps.
Lost 2 $120 plus combos, my tackle box, landing net, small duffle, small cooler, sunglasses and above all the fish came untied.
Once home I added it up and it was over $600! Expensive lesson on direction giving to say the least!! Also all the stuff was mine. Good thing we only had 1 day left and extra gear at camp!

I hope none of you ever have a day like this one!

I had spent two weeks getting the boat ready for the opener, cleanning, charging and making sure every thing was ready. Opening morning finally arrives adn we put the boat in the water adn the first hing we find ia a dead battery, must have left the radio on the night before. While I put the kicker on the boat we took the battery out of the truck and off we went. We had only gone about 100 yardw when the kicker jumped off t he boat and sunk to the bottom. We found the motor ont he bottom marked the spot and decided to go fishing. While heading acrss the lake the depth finder exploded ina puff of smoke with pieces all over the place. We should have cut our losses and headed in but we are diehards so we found a group of boats and started fishing. With in 1/2 an hour we had two reels in peices in the bottom of the boat. This was even to much for us we headed in. After getting a wet suit and goig down to get the motor I decided to try one last time to find a few fish. I went up and anchored in the swallows. It did not take long to realize that I was drifting I pulled the anchor up and found that the anchor was gone! We docked the boat and called it quits. The only good thing was that the motor that had spent a couple of hours on the bottom started onthe first pull after draining and cleaning it out.

We have a winner! Mr. B, with Northlander a strong runner up! Okay, I definately am THROUGH feeling sorry for myself - now I feel sorry for you guys!

------------------
Aquaman
< )/////><{
"I think we're gonna need a bigger boat."

I went fishing once. In a boat. An escaped convict hijacked my boat with me in it. I lost my virginity in that boat on that cool rainy October evening. I hate fishing now.