• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Any reports for Menomin any species thinking about heading over tomorrow I have never fished this lake before also not sure where the boat landings are? Any help would be appriciated just looking to speed up the search for fish.

Thanks in advance

Derek

Well, I haven't been over there yet this year... but I've tons of time logged on that lake/river system. You can find most game species in the lake (walleye, northern, crappie, bass - lg & sm, perch, etc) as well as plenty o' rough fish. There are three accessible boat landings but one of them is garbage. I recommend using either the one by the library or the one across the lake at Butch's Bay. If you are looking for walleye try up near the tressle bridge near I-94. Either anchor off the northern side of the pylons and cast towards them or start a little further up (100-200 yds) and drift back with current. Usually in about 18-25 fow. Another spot that will produce walleyes is near or under the Hwy 25 bridge, although this can be a bit tricky to get into a hot spot unless you have a good trolling motor or can find a decent spot to anchor. All the way around Butch's Bay is good for panfish (gills & crappies sometimes perch). Also, if you follow the shoreline away from Butch's going toward the 94 bridge you will find a medium size bay that will produce panfish. Just about anywhere you go you can find northern moving around. If you are having trouble finding fish in any of these spots start heading north past the I94 bridge and follow the river up a ways. I've found tons of great spots up near the campgrounds and further where i've landed nice bass, northern and walleye. One last place to check if you can find it is Boy Scout Island. But I'll let you do a little leg work to figure that one out.

Good luck! The water should still be half-way decent for a few more weeks before the phosphate content turns the whole thing into smelly pea-soup.

I went to Stout and fished it alot. I fished mostly by the cemetary, in the back bay and on the large lake side. I always caught alot of nice pan fish in the bay, and some nice bass, northern and walleye on the lake side. Seen some dog fish pulled up as well. There is a spring in the middle where they put the christmas trees up, so be aware of that. Otherwise, it freezes over well, and is some decent fishing and very convenient, being that close to campus!