• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

All around fishing line

I use fireline! But I like to use for trolling and for jigging in deep water b/c of its zero stretch. Its very nice to have when fishing in heavy cover. It works excellent for bottom bouncing for walleyes; its very sensitive. The only thing I don't like is that it frays after using it for along time but i can live with that.

------------------
The beatings will continue until morale improves. angry-smiley-046.gif

[This message has been edited by fishstunner (edited 03-19-2003).]

I use Fireline but you have to have a longer soft rod so the fish dont feel you as soon as you feel them. Used Iron Silk last year on a couple of fly in trips and really liked it. Seems very tough, ties well and is easy to handle. I think the green color is best, tho I dont know if Ii have seen any other colors

------------------
I fish, therefore I am.

maybe i just got a couple bad spools of Trilene, but i like the Rapala line more, maybe I am a little Biast (I love Rapala) but oh well

------------------
"Contrary to what most people think, the smartest person in the world is not a scientist, a teacher, or even a writer, the smartest person in the world is the guy who figured out a way to get paid to go fishing."

Hey Bobb-o,
I have been using trilene for years and I have to agree, it seems to have gone
down hill a little in recent years.

The best line to use, is one that you have the most confidenece in. smile.gif
Good luck with the Rapala line, I hope you have a great season. smile.gif

------------------

Terry "Ace" Sjoberg
Ace guide service.
aceguideservice.com
218-753-2612
[email protected]

I have been using Power Pro 10lb or so test lately and found that casting spinnerbaits the line would snap in the middle of the cast and I would lose my lures! Is there any suggestions why this happens?

I love Trilene XT 6-10lb green and I have never had a complaint about in many, many years of use.

If you have alot of reels to spool or you like to put new stuff on a couple of times a summer, you ought to check out Cabela's brand mono. I buy bulk spools of 6lb, 10lb and 30lb for backing with braids. For about $7 for a 2200 yd spool of 6lb, it's a heck of a deal and I've found it performs just like XL. It ties, casts and lasts as well as the others. Don't know who makes it for Cabela's but it's a deal.

was the line breaking, or was the knot coming undone? Cuz I know with some superlines, you have to tie a palomar knot instead of an Improved Clinch knot or a Rapala knot, because the line slips more easily cuz of its smaller diameter

------------------
"Contrary to what most people think, the smartest person in the world is not a scientist, a teacher, or even a writer, the smartest person in the world is the guy who figured out a way to get paid to go fishing."