• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

chrysler outboard...

stubby1

Looking for ideas on what to do.I have a '69 85hps Chryler.Sounds like I hatched the motor last summer.Twisted the crank,or so the mechanic thinks.My question is am I nuts for rebuilding a dinasour or should I just look for something different.If I chose to rebuild,where Could I go to a shop that nows how to work on chrylers.The place I went to will not get my work no more!Any ideas???Thanks

SOMETIMES YOU JUST HAVE TO LET GO. I HAD A GOOD OLD CHRYSLER AND HAD A HARD TIME FINDING PARTS WHICH COST ME SOME DOWN TIME DURING PRIME FISHING. I WOULD SUGGEST A NEW MOTOR OR IF YOU HAVE A LIMITED BUDGET LOOK FOR A GOOD USED ENGINE. I HAVE BEEN VERY HAPPY WITH MY THREE NEW MARINERS. MY EVINRUDES AND JOHNSONS RUN A LITTLE ROUGH WHEN IT GETS COLD OUT. FRANK SHARE

Stubby, Chrysler O/talk make good anchors! Seriously tho it would not be worth the time or money to fix it. If you will not give that shop any more business because they said bad things about Chryslers they probably did you a favor and you should thank them. You have a motor that is worth a couple hundred $s if it is running. Not running it is worth exactly what a scrap dealer or Twin Cities O/B will give you for it. Not sound fiscal management to spend thousands to fix a $200 O/B. grin.gif

Kwkfsh
LOL on the anchor.As far as the shop doing me a favor..Hes willing to fix it.But like i said he won't get the work.Mysel and 3 others that I know will not take anything back.WAY WAY to long to get anything done and just doesn't do a thurough(sp)job!I could go on but I'm not going to do it here.
THanks for the replies....I will let the old dinasour die.