• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Hot or Not? Mille Lacs for Opener!

Finlander

hot if it wasn't for the fact that half the state will be there.

------------------
"I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"

HOT...sort of ( 12:00am to 5:00am). After that you better have a bumper boat. That and if you actually would like to eat some walleye I wouldn't recommend it.

Not. The walleye population has crashed due to a major shortage of forage. Most of the walleyes starved to death. It will take many years for the lake to recover.

Just joking really. Seriously though, I think the bite will be good early season on Mille Lacs as always. Just don't expect the 'bite of the century' again and you probably won't be disappointed.

[This message has been edited by Beckman (edited 03-13-2003).]

Ice fishing this year was tough for us ( Compared to the past). We had the good fortune of using a underwater cam this season on the ice. We saw forage galore! Perch dominated the forage spectrum.
I'll admit I was concerned about the possabilities of "starving" walleyes, after the amount of fish caught this past season, compared to the number of perch caught. I didn't catch a single perch all summer. I fish crawlers alot, so this is something remakable. Any other opinions? JC

there was just an article in outdoornews that said how the dnr had found that there was a lot more forage in the lake than they had suspected.

------------------
"I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"

The fishing or the weather? The fishing will be not too hot....the weather will be cold so bring your snowmobile suits.(and watch out for dk rookie boaters!)

------------------
SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!