• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lund 1775 Pro V SE vs Lund 1800 Pro V SE

chow

Chow,
I have been running an "01" Pro V, 1775 CS with a 115 hp. Yamaha 4 stroke the last two seasons and love it!
I am able to go slow enough to foreward troll Raps effectively.(fast trolling).
I get about 42 mph by myself and 35 with two passengers.
The 1800 will probably be my next boat though. More room!
Cliff

------------------
Cliff's Guide Service
CliffsGuideService-LakeVermilion.com
Lake Vermilion
Phone: (218) 753-2005

I bought a 1800 PROV IFS three weeks ago and it came in to the dealer today. 175 vmax HPDI. It should be ready in the next week. I assume I'll like it when I use it but I already like it when I lay in bed and think about fishing in it on Opener 32 degrees or 65 degrees. I can't wait to put my cold hand into the 45 degree minnow bucket(which will feel warm) and try to grab a shiner!!!

Be dang sure you ALSO have a sufficiently weighted trailer under your rig!
I had to go back and buy a 2nd trailer for my Lund Mr. Pike and Johnson 4-stroker...AFTER I had discussed the original trailer "was a bit light-weight" with the dealer I bought it from. They said there at the dealership, "the trailer we have under this umit you are buying IS rated(weight-rated) sufficient". I said I had "questions of it being so".
In the end, I WAS correct. I had to go to a +3000lb rated instead of the dealership directed 2200lber. I pull my rig out to Montana and literally burned up the tires on each of the 2 initial trips out!
Went back to dealer and TOLD them to put a 3000lb trailer under it(with a few "extras").

So, trailer IS a major concern here ALSO...not just the boat and motor!

Good luck with all 3 choices!

"LUND-MAN"

------------------
"Leave NO Trace"

[This message has been edited by LUND-MAN (edited 04-02-2003).]

Chow,

Find the correct weight of your boat,& motor, plus weight of the fuel tank(full) and add 300lbs for gear..THEN add 200 lbs. for added "insurance". Is my philosophy.

Ex: I have a Mr. Pike (1650 hull-1998) and 1998 70hp 4-stoker motor, and 20 gal fuel tank.

Boat: 911 lbs.
Motor: 325 lbs.
Fuel: 160 lbs.
Plus: 500 lbs.(gear+ to be safe)

comes to 1,896 lbs total. So go for the minimum of 2,000 GW lb. single axle trailer-

OR I'd be dang sure to choose a trailer with a MINIMUM wheel size of 14 inchers under it!
Some guys go with wheel size only here..and 14 inchers covers alot of weight in a boat trailer.
You ARE very correct in that "sitting on the side of the highway, broken down, is NOT a good fishin trip!" That trailer IS KEY!

Good Luck and if I may ask, Where are you looking at buying...T.C. area or south?

"LUND-MAN"

------------------
"Leave NO Trace"

LUND-MAN (or anyone else),
That is a great comment about the trailer and I agree it is very much a KEY piece of equipment as I want to be fishing, not sitting along side the road fixing my trailer. I have heard similar things from other folks as well and totally agree not to skimp on the trailer. My question is this:

How do you know how much trailer to put under the boat?

For me I will basically have to trailer the boat when I fish. It may be 5 miles down the road or it may be 150+ miles, as I do not live on a lake. So the boat will be on the trailer alot of the time. Do you trust the dealer on thier recomendation, or is there a better way?

Thoughts anyone? Thanks,
Chow

I will check out several places around the twin cities area. Any recommendations? Probably check Rapid Sports off 65, and Crystal Pierz in Chisago, as well as a couple others...

chow

Chow,

I have a 3100lb Rated Shorelander for my 1800.

It has surge brakes on it and they really help reduce the wear on your Truck Brakes as well as added safety.

Since I jump from lake-to-lake alot and I load and unload the boat alone, I like my trailer size because I can drive my boat right onto it from the water, hook up the nose clip and drive off the ramp in about 1-minute.

Like I mentioned before--try some of the boarder Lund Dealers--I like Soo Sports, they are Lund experts and they know how to rig boats for wiring.

------------------
Chells

Hey Chow!

Another point of definite interest here will be the vehicle you are pulling this unit with.
If you plan on a 1800 w4-stroke and all bells and whistles available...well, I would be hopin you have a pick-up with a V-8 or diesel engine...especially if you are towing for any long distances.

..another .02 from..

"LUND-MAN"

------------------
"Leave NO Trace"