• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Chumming

Lunker

I was under the impression that in Minnesota it is illegal to chum(place food with the intention of attracting fish), but after reading the regs tonight could not find anything on the subject. Is it illegal?

Lunker ,

I know for sure that you can't use any type of game fish, including perch...
I'm not sure on the chumming...did it say that you could use a feeder or whatever they call those deals they use for catfish down south? Don't know that chumming would do you much good anyhow , except for panfish ...
good luck and set the hook!

------------------
garysguideservice
garytheguide.com
[email protected]
Phone: 218-744-3158

I have heard of guys taking baitfish and fish guts & stuff and throwing it in a blender. After a while on "puree" they will pour the mixure in ice cube trays with a washer & nut for weight, then freezing. They drop them down their holes in the winter and as they thaw they give off scent. Don't know if the work or even if it's legal.

PoleBender

Why not just use a net?!
There is a term, if I may use it, that may clear the air.."Fishing Ethics". smile.gif

It is afterall, supposed to be a sporting challenge to the angler, not shooting fish in a barrel.

"Just because you can, doesn't mean you should"......Old Chinese proverb! smile.gif

------------------

Terry "Ace" Sjoberg
Ace guide service.
aceguideservice.com
218-753-2612
[email protected]

I remeber reading something about it.. It is legal with stuff like corn, worms, and grains; but it isn't legal to chum with whole or parts of gamefish, nor live goldfish or minnows. And it's not exzactly "shooting fish in a barrel" Chumming helps for Carp and cat fishing; and in lakes where the carp are more of a roaming fish; it'd be near impossible to have any luck carp fishing without chum, unless they are surface feeding. But even this said, espcally in Rivers, it does not guarntee results.. and sometimes may do nothing to increase any sort of bite on a given day. Mostly it helps hold fish in an area, and attract them in; it doesn't neccsairly mean they are going to be more eager to strike your line.