• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Pine River: Gone but not forgotten.

mistermom

Anybody besides me and Serenity Jack notice Pine River Forum is gone? It was only one post from 100 too.

mm

The Remer forum isn't looking real healthy either!

[This message has been edited by mistermom (edited 03-03-2003).]

If you periodically follow the discussion in the Brainerd forum, you'll see that, at times, there's a good bit of talk surrounding the Whitefish area. Heck, long as they keep me around, you can bet there'll be talk of the area-- Whitefish and the Pine River system remains probably my all-time favorite chain of lakes.

-a friend called Toad

Howdy Pherris,

Been on Haittie several times. Good lake. All these lakes on the upper Pine River chain-- Bowen, Brockway, Lind, Hattie-- hold excellent naturally reproduced walleye populations. Hattie contains both ciscoes and perch, though perch figure most prominently into the diets of most of these walleyes, particularly in spring. Don't know whether you've fished the lake before, but a key spot, obviously, remains the Pine River inlet in the NW corner of the NW bay.

Cool thing, too, about the area, is that if you encounter tough fishing on one lake, you can always go hit the next one up or down the chain (although unfortunately not by boat). Brockway, for instance, though only about 20 feet deep, has some nice fish in it, as does Bowen. Spend some time at night with a spotlight up in the shallows near the river inlet. That'll give you an idea, at that point, in which stage of the spawn walleyes find themselves. You might not believe the sizes of some of the 'eyes you'll see at night. Keep in touch!

-a friend called Toad