• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

It is that time!!

Scott Steil

Yes it is that time again. With my first tournament 3 weeks away it is time to go through the old routine... Pull the boat out, dust off the summer tackle, take inventory and make a list. As always I start with the jigs. Probably because some of my favorite fishing is early spring jig fishing on the river.

If you are like me you have a tackle box that is so heavy it doesn't get moved often. Yes, I am one of those guys that wants to have every color of every size of jig there is. For this exact reason I use Scenic Tackle Jigs, great colors and great paint. Jeff at Scenic Tackle makes every type and size of jig I need. The best part about these jigs is the paint actually stays on the jig, where it belongs. I have used a lot of different jigs over the years and can honestly say, Jeff is doing something right! His paint is the best.

I heard a rumor that Scenic Tackle has some new and exciting products for 2003 and I am anxious to see them. Jeff, if you see this post maybe you could fill us all in. You can check out some of Scenic Tackle's products on this site under the "gear" section or at www.scenictackle.com

Has anyone else been guilty of taking "tackle inventory" already? I think I have been through my stuff about 6 times now!

Guilty as charged!!!

I know for me jigs are at a low, but my main concern is a large enough collection of plastics!!!
Early season river fish seem to really dig them there plastics!!

Jim W

PS> I want in on some of that Scenic Tackle!!!!

Scott, did you get your new boat yet? When you bringing her up my way? wink.gif

I've started to go through stuff. I just purchased a ton of tackle from a local sports place that went out of business. Everything 40% off and I really broke the piggy bank loading up on stuff.

Now it's time to order new tackle boxes and start fresh.

So, Jeff, what do have up your sleeve for a new tackle line up?? Large topwaters, possibly? smile.gif

Guilty! Fleet Farm is my home-improvement store of choice now; get some paint...and some jigs. Get some poly...and some swivels. get some lumber...and a plug.

------------------
<)/////><{
RobertC

Yeah Scott, I'm quilty also. Been going through tackle, taking inventory on what needs replacing and what needs to go, also deciding on what new tactic to really try to improve my skills on this year.

If I don't see you before the MTT, good luck at Red Wing and enjoy that new boat. (I already know you are going to love it).

Dean Thorn

we don't have a fleet farm around here ! thank God for the bass Pro catalog !! i sorted all of my fishing stuff at Christmas time.( after i cleaned and lubricated the reels) got a few new lures , couple of new rods and my son bought a new rod and reel. waiting to see how the new quantum pt stands up . still shopping for a different boat. del