• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

It's close when........

Lunker

You know open water is close when....

you have to clean reel lube from under your nails every other night

when 'go to outdoors store' becomes part of your daily routine(gotta see the new tech!)

when doing math you see the words 'lb test' after every number.

you stare at the bath water for hours at a time

when someone mentions sun burn, you can't wait to get that first burn in your aluminum boat

when that ice auger looks really good in the corner of the garage

and finally, you know open water season is close when........you're reading this post.

Well, its coming, are you ready?

Catch the big ones(then throw em back)

It's close when I needed the 12" extension to get thru the ice today?!?!

Groundhog said 6 more weeks of winter, he may be a bit off this year! -24 in Roseau when I woke up this morning, suppose to hit -29 tonite.....YIKES!!!

I'm starting to wonder if we'll even see any openwater on the Rainy before the season ends April 15th?

Fisky

~"you have to clean reel lube from under your nails every other night"
~Jeez, i do that almost every night all year round, but i dont have a problem or anything.

~"when 'go to outdoors store' becomes part of your daily routine(gotta see the new tech!)"
~I think i actually spend more time in the bait store than in class

~"when doing math you see the words 'lb test' after every number."
~yep

~"you stare at the bath water for hours at a time"
~That sounds like me at all times. I think i am the only person who sits and stares at puddles after it rains and tries to figure out where each species would be in that "lake"

-20 today in Ber-midji, why cant it be spring? Was casting in the halls of the dorm again, i think people are actually starting to get used to me casting in the halls now, not that many weird looks today.

------------------
"If I get any dumber, I am gonna need to wear a helmet"

It's the time of year that people with a clue start staring at the sign in my office -
Warning - Fishing Pox
Very contagious to adult males
Symptoms - continual complaint as to need for fresh air, sunshine and relaxation. Patient has blank expression, sometimes deaf to wife and kids. Has no taste for work of any kind. Frequent checking of tackle catalogs. Hangs out in sporting good stores longer than usual. Secret night phone calls to fishing pals. Mumbles to self. Lies to everyone. NO KNOWN CURE.

I like that, Pete! I've got that disease.

You know it's close when....
Fleet Farm's tackle canyons are 1/2 reset for this year's open water season. They're up to the Powerbait aisle.

------------------
<)/////><{
RobertC

It's close when...
You start referring to ditches, ravines, hillsides, bridges and roadways as "structure that just ain't underwater yet"

------------------
<)/////><{
RobertC