• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Trying to find cabin for opener

Seabass77

I am looking for a place to stay/fish on opener weekend in the Brainerd/Nisswa area. I was thinking of Gull Lake or maybe somewhere on the whitefish but every place I look at is pretty spendy.

What I’m looking for is a basic cabin, nothing fancy, similar to Judd’s or Denny’s on Winnie but in the Brainerd area. I’m open to all suggestions. Not Mille Lacs.

Thanks for your help.

Seabass are you open to an area near Pine River? There is a resort on Lake Hattie in Backus MN called Tuck-A-Way resort. They are pretty reasonable and the lake is good you can check it out on the DNR site. It is a lake with no public access so it does not get very crowded. You can search for them on Google. I have a cabin booked for opener.

Seabass, there is a great resort on upper Whitefish Lake that is very reasonable. They have beautiful log cabins and a nice bay area for boats. The name is Kilworry resort and is family owned. The address is out of Pine River. And you know that Whitefish has quite the reputation for GOOD fishing!