• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

seized 20 hp merc

meatfish

I must have left a little moisture in the thing last fall and did not fog,The pistons where seized,and the plugs a little rusty.The pistons came free very easy but there is a little drag when pulled over,Is there some thing I can put in to clean it up,or should I pull the head and hone it out?I did not want to start it yet for fear of scorching something.

Give it a dose of Marvel Mystery oil down the spark plug hole. Let it soak a bit, then, while keeping it good and oiled up rope it over nice and slow over and over and over again.

Replace the plugs, hook up some cuffs, and try to start it. Gonna smoke a lot from all the oil in there but that's ok.

I've used Marvel Mystery oil to break free a lot of stuff. Works very well.