• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

***Free Fishing Seminar on 4 Premier MN Lakes**

Grabs

I don't know if saying that a free seminar comes with each LETS event is accurate,but I can say for sure that sitting around talking with excellent fisherman is better than a "seminar"I was very apprehensive when I joined LETS the first year.I kept thinking I am going to be up against "pro" fisherman.But hey they were willing to have me join and I thought just by just fishing the season some knowledge would just rub off on me.I was very happy to find out that every one was more than happy to share their knowledge of the sport.Of course no ones going to give you their strategy,hot spots,or "go to lures" before the event,but you will find out about what worked for them afterward and that can be a gold mine!

I do think that some people considering joining are affraid of the fact that there are Pro Staff fishing it.for you people concerned about that, you shouldn't!Any one can win an event.I have seen newbies take events.And for those guys fishing or thinking about the Metro,No worries.I am only a "pro" on my home waters.We are not fishing those.I am out to have a good time and thats what its all about!
I am quite surprised that the State Wide is not filling up.If I had the time I would be fishing it also.Its a blast.Its like a long weekend with all of your best fishing buds!You get to camp with the whole crew.I especcially like the late nights by the fire just BSing about your day and getting to know every one.I have made life long freinds fishing the statewide.Can't forget Pauls great cooking too!

Awwww!!! You guys are making me blush.

I couldn't agree more. My first year fishing L.E.T.'S I had no idea what to expect. My first tourney (they were one day events then) was on Cass lake. Left my home @ 4 a.m. to get there and was full of apprehension.

I couldn't have had a better time. My partner and I boated 2 muskies that day, both of which were just short of legal, we didn't way a fish that day as we were there for the fun and had already decided that we were going to fish Muskies all day and didn't give a rip about winning.

That happened a couple of years ago, the people that I met at that first tourney I still count as my friends. Been fishing L.E.T.S. ever since and have no plans of quitting.

Besides the best part (and certainly some of the funniest things I have ever seen) happen when we are not fishing.........For those of you that were there can you say "They were SPOONING" grin.gif

------------------
Paul
[email protected]

Let me clarify too.
I'm not putting Grabs down for posting this, I'm just stating what I personally would think if I was thinking about joining. Rick, Dennis and I talked about this in length this weekend about why we have had zero interest since early Feb on the State-Wide format.
This baby is going to grow, there is no doubt about it. Hopefully next year we will have 3 divisions or more. Would'nt that be cool?
The pro-staff thing was mentioned because I have had quite a few emails from people who were interested but were shy because of that. I was just conveying what was told to me by others, in fact some even wanted to have all pro-staff/field-staff banned from participating.
I'm glad I responded the way I did because it's got all of us to start talking about LETS again and it maybe will inspire more teams to take a look at what we have to offer.