• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Crayfish-how to get?

Good stories Chells. Sounds like we had similar experiences growing up, except I mostly fished Harriet & Calhoun. I biked down to the lakes just about every summer day, usually leaving the house before sunrise. Caught lots of monster carp back then. I still spend a lot of time on those lakes. I went to Southwest-1987. See ya on the water, Vern

How to build a crayfish trap!
Take a coffee can and cut a portion of the lid off so that it will still fit on the can. Put a rock in the can to weight it down. Put some liver or some other kind of meat in the can along wiht a mini mag flash light. You will want to put the flash light in a few zip lock bags to ensure you don't drown the light. Now just put the can in the water so that the hole in the lid is on top. ( the can must be laid on its' side) on the crawdads can't sneek out. Set this out over night or even a few hours and your can will be full. I have seen many modifacations to this and have never done this myself but have seen it done.

That's interesting. I've seen them crawling around on the rocks out on Calhoun in the winter. I was surprised to see them so active. I guess I always figured they went dormant or hibernated. Vern