• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What "makes your day" at the bait shop on Opener?

ghotierman

Only 90 days till opening weekend!

What do you look forward to on you opening weekend at the bait shop?

We're planning a long night, picnic atmosphere...

what else would "make your day" on that opening weekend?

thanks....

------------------
Northeast Outfitters
915 Hwy 29 N NE
Alexandria, MN 56308
(320) 763-9598

As fate would have it, Ghotierman, I'm goin' up to Osakis opening weekend, in your neck of the woods! My opener weekend tradition started two years ago. I take my son Erik (4 now) up to a family country house and shore-fish for crappies & sunnies. We have a blast. Question - there's a channel under the back-road from Alexandria to Osakis between Lake Victoria and somethin' else. We found it end of last season - is that channel any good?

What would make my morning at my favorite bait shop?
A display of this years best bait-keeping products, ya know, well aerators, bucket aerators, crawler coolers & such.
Good coffee.
An extra person behind the counter.
Good advice.
Lead-free tackle displayed together. Even if there isn't a ban yet, folks are thinkin'.

Hope that helps.

------------------
<)/////><{
RobertC

Robert...that channel is between Geneva and Victoria...it was just widened to make it navigable last summer. Used to hole some nice panfish in the spring...not sure how it will be with the new shape, etc.....still an accessible shore spot. Also try the piers on Geneva or Victoria...good shorelined fishing there too...(maybe even a couple of evening walleys off Victoria!)

thanks for the tips!
keep 'em coming....i'm dressing it up for this opener!

------------------
Northeast Outfitters
915 Hwy 29 N NE
Alexandria, MN 56308
(320) 763-9598

Hey Ghotierman!
Being open in the wee hours is great. I hate crowds.

Rob! I'm going to be about 30 miles south of you in Brooten, MN opener weekend. Perhaps we can hook-up. I got a long wide boat 4 year olds dig. Lost your e-mail send me a note sir.

Joel (mm)